Associate Director/ Senior Manager, Asia Expense Management
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You've come to the right place. We're looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we'd like to hear from you. Job Description The Opportunity
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering our professionals with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of our business, which is why we need you.
Manulife Regional Office is seeking an experienced Associate Director, Asia Expense Management. The role is expected to establish governance and oversight of spend, and to engender a cost-consciousness throughout the organization. Working with senior management at the Corporate, Segment and Business Unit level, the role is expected to achieve the business objective of improved expense efficiency by providing governance and oversight of spend, and to engender a cost-consciousness throughout the organization What motivates you?
• You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
• You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
• You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
• You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
• You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
• You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone We are looking for someone with:
• Qualified accountant with at least 8 years of post-graduate experience, project management and reporting experience is a plus
• Good financial analysis skills to track resources and costs
• Demonstrated strong analytical, planning, execution and problem solving skills.
• Strategic thinking with visionary paradigm
• Challenging the status quo and acts a change agent
• Focus on client needs, foster teamwork and strong collaboration
• Be able to communicate and summarize complex issues to the audience
• Self-starter and passionate with can-do attitude
• Ability to multitask effectively, perform under tight timeframe and cope in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills On the job you will:
• Provide timely, accurate and insightful expense forecasts to facilitate business decisions and to drive expense accountability for the Regional Office and the assigned Asia functions. This requires working with regional functional teams and local teams to ensure that the information is sufficiently robust for decision-making purposes.
• Partner with the key stakeholders, including the Function Owner, to identify the spending trend and patterns, potential savings / accrual needed and area of potential spending to align with and achieve the Regional Office and Asia Division strategic goals. Provide monthly expense reports to the functional heads in Regional Office and Group Office and address any queries.
• Set and manage of business unit expense targets for the Asia segment, working with both business unit finance teams and regional office/global function to determine the targets based on the strategic objectives of the business. The expense target-setting process is complex and requires extensive stakeholder management, frequently including senior regional executives.
• Provide timely, accurate and insightful project expense forecasts to facilitate business decisions and to drive expense accountability for the Asia segment. This requires working with regional functional teams, local teams and project managers to ensure that the information is sufficiently robust for decision-making purposes.
• Manage the project reporting function to maintain visibility and financial control over key regional office projects of the Function. Work closely with Project Management Office to drive project accountability by establishing the proper project governance process and to ensure the cost and benefits are accepted and delivered to Regional and Business Units
• Ensure the one source of truth of information between the Project Team and Finance Team. Actively look for and execute opportunities to improve existing processes in driving efficiency in the process and quality reporting.
• Participate in projects as assigned or other ad hoc activities. Our commitment to you
• Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
• A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
• A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
• Our best. Every day.
Learn more about opportunities with us at jobs.manulife.com Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today. About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance , annuities , investments , 401(k) plans , and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com . Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com .