Associate Director, PvB Client Servicing and Transacting - PvB Operations
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
The role holder is accountable for delivering the end-to-end, best-in-class transacting client journey for Private Banking (PvB) clients within their country, with a primary focus around credit related processes.
The role holder is expected to align the client journey objectives to PvB's strategic agenda and responsible for identifying and creating areas of competitive advantage in the client transacting domain. Business
Continuously improving productivity and efficiency of operations and drive standardisation agenda for the business, maintaining rigorous cost and investment discipline across the business.
Responsible to ensure credit related processes connected with client servicing and transaction execution:-
- Lead Credit Ops to ensure compliance with respective regulatory requirements, policies and procedures and DOIs.
- Driving optimal supports from every member in Credit Ops to support PvB Front Office to deliver lending solutions to the client journey.
- Formulate internal processes and make continuous improvement on lending limit setup fulfilment, lending execution & Credit administration support to support the business requirements and to deliver best client journey/ experience.
- Responsible to organize people resources to execute the responsibilities designated in policies/procudures and DOIs.
- Deliver continuous improvement to operations efficiencies and to leverage on other divisions to simplify and standardize processes.
- Support Group/ Country initiatives to improve the lending process; to drive simplified/automated processes for FO to handle limit setup.
- Driving hubbing initiatives for better cost management and continuity purpose; and ensure compliance with the outsourcing requirements.
- Act as the departmental co-ordinator for disaster recovery and business continuity plan
- Support the departmental outsourcing activities and liaise with stakeholders on matters related to outsourcing.
People and Talent
- Lending Limit Setup / Fulfilment
- Lending Execution & Credit Admin.
- Third Party Risk Management (TPRM)
- Provide training and prepare training materials to Front Office on credit related documentations and administration
- Participate to staff development, understand the process and control requirements and to increase staff risk awareness
- Ensure staff job descriptions and job objectives are maintained and updated
- Employ, engage, and retain high performance people, to maximise the success of design and delivery with succession planning for critical roles.
- Ensure effective management of operational risks in credit related processes for PvB clients in compliance with applicable internal policies and external laws and regulations.
- Responsible to minimise operational loss and audit failures and in conjunction with Head of Client Transacting HKG, ensure appropriate focus on issues and resolutions in collaboration with business risk management
- Maintain a strong and appropriate control environment covering PvB businesses
- Report to Head, Client Transacting, HKG if existing infrastructure and processes, capacity or capability are not fit to execute business within operational risk tolerance, regulatory standards or growth aspirations.
- Reponsible to ensure the services delivery in accordance to the service level agreement signed with offshore centres or third-party suppliers for provision of services.
- Responsible for prompt escalation of issues, reporting of breaches etc for early resolution
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Responsible for outsourcing governance for the migrated activities for PvB Ops to GBS
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Hong Kong PvB Credit Operations to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Private Bank Front Office
- CAR Team
- PvB Legal & Compliance
- Wealth Planning - PvB Fiduciary
- PvB Platform Management
- PvB Change Delivery (Group and Country)
- PvB Credit Risk
- PvB Credit Structuring
- PvB COO Office
- GBS India and Malaysia and SG Hub
- At least 15 years of experience in bank credit jobs of which 8 years in people management role of private banking credit operations.
- University graduate or above in finance or banking, with further education in laws is an added advantage.
- Proven knowledge on the features and risks of derivatives products.
- Knowledge on private bank AML requirements.
- Meticulous in figures and words and familiar to use different Words/Excel functions.
- Computer and programming literacy.
- Mutli-tasking and ability to work under competing priorities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.