Associate Director, Operations
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- E Fund Management (HK) Company Limited
- 08 Dec 17 2017-12-08
Associate Director, Operations
About E Fund Management (Hong Kong) Co., Limited
E Fund Management (HK) Co., Ltd (“E Fund HK”) was officially established in 2008 and is licensed by the Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong to conduct Type 1 (Dealing in Securities), Type 4 (Advising on Securities) and Type 9 (Asset Management) regulated activities. As a premier global business platform for E Fund Management Co., Limited (“E Fund”), E Fund HK has a subsidiary in New York, and listed several RQFII ETFs and RQFII/QFII public funds, at six stock exchanges across the US, Europe and the Asia-Pacific. Its award-winning products have been recognized by leading institutions such as Morningstar, Lipper, AsianInvestor and Benchmark for their strong performances relative to peers.
E Fund, the parent company of E Fund HK, was founded in 2001 and headquartered in Guangzhou. It has branch offices in Beijing, Guangzhou, Shanghai, and subsidiaries including E Fund HK and E Fund Asset Management Co., Ltd. E Fund has grown tremendously to become one of the largest fund management corporations in China with total assets under management exceed RMB 1 trillion* (including E Fund HK and China subsidiaries). It is licensed to cover a full spectrum of asset management services in China including, public funds, national social security fund, corporate annuities, discretionary accounts, QDII, QFII and RQFII. E Fund passed the independent verification of the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS) in August 2014, signifying an important step forward to become more internationalized with unified performance reporting.
Capitalizing the investment and research ability of E Fund, E Fund HK maintains three investment research teams, each specializing in RQFII/QFII, international and alternative investment. Integrated with E Fund’s global expansion strategies, E Fund HK is committed to providing quality asset management services for onshore and offshore investors in Greater China and US ADR markets. Via the construction of a global-facing asset allocation platform, E Fund HK serves as a window to investors in China for asset allocation exposures all over the world
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and confirm daily valuation as prepared by fund administrator;
- Assume accountability for an individual function (cash, trade, Fund of Funds (FOF), settlement & reconciliation etc.) within the Portfolio Administration Unit (PAU) operation;
- Reviewing of year-end financial statements, and coordinate annual audit with auditor/ fund administrator;
- Ensure service level agreement with clients is realized and continues to be realized in the future;
- Process trade transactions and produce deliverables that ensure the realization of a pre-determined delivery timeline;
- Develop on-going good client relationships and ensure the realization of client service agreements;
- Contribute positively to completing shared tasks with common responsibilities and be willing to offer help to colleagues beyond own workload commitments;
- Establish good internal working relationship with colleagues from other departments;
- Holiday support will be required.
- University degree with preferably major in Accounting & Finance or business related subject;
- 5-8 yrs experience on fund or fund related industry;
- Good understanding of the characteristics and features of the Funds industry and basic Fund Structures will be an advantage;
- Comprehension of relevant anti-money laundering legislation and how it impacts the service model of Alternative Products;
- Good knowledge of trade/cash/FOF/reconciliation operations;
- Hands-on knowledge of operating systems and the Bank's cash and payment systems, Omgeo user will be an advantage;
- Well-developed interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- A strong team player with excellent inter-personal, communication skills and motivational skills;
- Prioritization and multi-tasking skills;
- Time-sensitive, with an ability to find solutions and research complex issues under pressure;
- Mature and a sound sense of judgment.
- Candidates with more experience will be considered as Deputy Director.
Compensation and Benefits
E Fund HK is a fast growing company with strong financial resources and parent company support. We offer competitive compensations and career growth opportunities. We also offer attractive benefit programs and continued education support.
Interested parties please submit your application with job reference number, full particulars of qualifications, experience, date of availability, latest and expected salary.
Applications will be treated in strict confidence. Information collected will be treated strictly confidential and only be used for recruitment related purposes.
For more details, please visit our web site at www.efunds.com.hk