See job description for details
About The Role
- Access to unlimited career pathways
- Work with a team that values collaboration and innovation
- Reports to the Head of Loans Structuring & Execution, Asia
Role Location: ANZ Hong Kong
Role Type: Permanent, Full time opportunity
As a member of the Loans Structuring & Execution (“ LS&E
”) team in Asia, you are responsible for the structuring, negotiation, documentation and execution of ANZ tailored bilateral, club and syndicated lending facilities for our Asian and International customers.
You will need to have the ability and aptitude to work with the rest of LS&E, Relationship, Syndications and Specialised Finance businesses, and will need to have a collaborative, enthusiastic outlook with a concern for quality and standards, reflecting the importance of your role in dealing with internal colleagues and external customers.
This is an independent role requiring a capable and experienced banking and finance professional with familiarity in transaction structure and documentation. The role requires a high degree of situational awareness, commercial judgement and negotiating ability.
This role is based in Hong Kong and will primarily focus on North East Asia transactions, but with the requirement to work on broader regional transactions as necessary, including covering South Asia and European transactions from time to time. About You
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following -
- Extensive background in Banking and Finance, particularly prior law firm or in-house counsel roles, with good understanding of complex finance markets including an understanding of the internal ANZ and external financial markets process in settling relevant loan transactions
- Credit and/or legal deal structuring experience, including knowledge of credit and risk management principles, policies and procedures
- Experience in negotiating legal documentation, including being proactive in finding solutions to meet customer / ANZ requirements.
- Knowledge of the rationale behind market standard facility documentation (including security documents) and the ability to determine implication of variances to terms and conditions
- Collaborative in style, involving others in reaching objectives to ensure the work is performed to the appropriate standard
- Well-developed influencing, networking and relationship skills and capacity to quickly develop relationships with customers
- Strong leadership and business and project management skills
- Highly developed commercial and analytical judgment of transactions and deals
- Excellent communications skills - fluency in written Chinese and spoken Mandarin is preferred
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
At ANZ we aim to create an inclusive environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number HON002614. Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (a company incorporated in Australia)