Associate Director, Investor Solutions Group - Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
Associate Director, Investor Solutions Group - Hong Kong
Macquarie Asset Management (MAM; formerly known as Macquarie Funds Group) is a full-service asset manager, offering a diverse range of products including securities investment management, infrastructure and real asset management, and fund and equity-based structured products.
MAM comprises the following three divisions:
• Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets
• Macquarie Investment Management
• Macquarie Specialised Investment Solutions.
Find out more about Macquarie at www.macquarie.com/about.
Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets ( MIRA) is seeking a talented and experienced individual to join its Investor Solutions Group ( ISG) team covering South-east Asia, Hong Kong and Taiwan (THS). The position will be based in Hong Kong and reports to the Managing Director responsible for THS region.
This role to lead the activities in South-east Asia will centre on capital raising, business development including the development of new product offerings and investor relations covering some of the world's leading real asset investors. There will also be relationships outside this region the person will cover.
The individual will:
- collaborate with the THS ISG regional head to set the strategy for their coverage region including capital raising, business development, coverage and investor relations
- identify and develop relationships with prospective investors in the THS region
- support the development and maintenance of existing Platinum client relationships in the THS region
- take ownership of existing non-Platinum client investors
- lead marketing initiatives and business development of new products in the Asia Pacific region for existing and prospective investors
- develop co-investment opportunities in the Asia Pacific region with investors in the coverage region and offer support on global co-investment opportunities
- build and maintain a deep understanding of MIRA's products and its four pillars of infrastructure, real estate, energy and agriculture in order to understand the needs of and offer solutions to current and prospective clients
- identify and communicate strategic and tactical ideas for the improvement of new products, marketing, investor relations and fundraising programs
- mentor and coach junior ISG team members in the region.
The successful candidate will ideally have at least 12 years' financial services experience; with 8 years dedicated to capital raising.
The candidate will also have:
- industry specialisation covering one or more of real estate, energy, agriculture or infrastructure, funds management would be beneficial but not essential
- proven track record of capital raising across cycles, new fund development, originating new client networks and collaborating in a high performance team
- deep investor relationships across geographies and sector lines
- strong knowledge of competitors and consultants
- sound business judgment and a pragmatic and creative approach to problem solving
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- strong organisation skills, with excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- bilingual in English and Mandarin
- Bachelor degree or higher from a top tier university required (business, finance, accounting or quantitative field preferred).
MIRA is a leading global alternative asset manager specializing in infrastructure, real estate, agriculture and energy. With over 20 years of experience, MIRA currently manages approximately $A154 billion ($US118 billion)* of assets via approximately 50 public and private funds, co-investments, partnerships and separately managed accounts.
MIRA has over 500 professionals organised into dedicated regional teams of operational and financial experts who manage regionally focussed funds. It is MIRA's mission to ensure the enduring success of its portfolio companies and the communities they serve. MIRA is recognised for its expertise over the investment lifecycle, with strong capabilities in investment sourcing, investment management and investor relationships.
ISG was formed through the bringing together of the fundraising, investor relations, marketing and research functions within MIRA to enhance MIRA's position in a dynamic global competitive market environment and create a consistent and rewarding client experience across regions and investment strategies.
As MIRA has grown, there have been an increasing number of clients who invest across its regions and strategies. These clients, along with their institutional investor peers, are facing more accountability and a requirement to have a deeper understanding of, and involvement with, their investment managers.
MIRA's fund and co-investment offerings continue to grow across its four "pillars" of: infrastructure, real estate, energy and agriculture, which is increasing the need to deepen the understanding of current and prospective clients in order to provide solutions that meet their current and evolving future needs, and enable them to succeed.
* As at 31 March 2017
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.
Advertised: 16 Apr 2018 China Standard Time