Associate Director, Information and Cyber Security, RB BRM
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Assist Management / ICS team head in BRM in coordinating, driving and directing effective compliance and risk management with a specific focus in the Information and Cyber Security (ICS) area . Key responsibilities include:-
Our Ideal Candidate
- Support the implementation of relevant governance / framework initiatives and the roll out of any relevant target operating model for Retail Banking.
- Source of reference within the business and functional units in facilitating and promoting the understanding of the risk and relevant governance framework. Ensure proper functioning of day-to-day controls by designing and driving periodic assessment and monitoring activities.
- Assist Management in implementing robust processes and controls to meet all regulatory and internal requirements.
- Provide guidance and advice to the Retail Banking in the course of business for addressing and managing the risk.
- Timely identification, escalation and resolution of ICS related risk issues.
- Proactively monitor risk event (internal or external) and escalate to Line Manager and Risk Owners as appropriate in a timely manner.
- Where applicable, support and provide guidance to the Responsible Person (RPs) to ensure integrity, quality and completeness in the execution of any periodic assessment and monitoring activities.
- Responsible for recording and maintaining risk matters in risk tracking system any control lapses, errors or non-compliance that occur within business in accordance with internal procedures. Key part of role is ensuring the quality of information being recorded as well as ensuring data accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure risks, issues and control enhancement identified are resolved in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Ensure that all operational loss are reconciled to general ledger.
- Previous working experience in ICS and/ or Data Privacy risk field, including systems audit or internal risk & controls in financial sector
- Strong knowledge of cyber security frameworks, information security principles
- Relevant core or professional level ICS qualifications (e.g. CSX, GIAC GISP, GSEC, SSCP, ACsP, CPSA etc.) would be a plus
- Strong risk sense and common sense
- Strong logic, reasoning and analytical skills
- Good soft skills as the role requires constant communication with various internal stakeholders
- Good presentation skills would be a plus
- Previous working experience in SCBHK or retail industry would be a plus
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .