Associate Director/ Director, IT Operation & Service Management
Established in Asia in 2013 with a trailblazer mentality, FWD is the primary insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group (PCG), with minority shareholders Swiss Re Group, GIC Ventures, RRJ Capital and Hopu Investments.
FWD spans 10 markets in Asia including Hong Kong SAR & Macau SAR, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan, Malaysia and Cambodia. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. We focus on creating fresh customer experiences and making the insurance journey simpler, faster and smoother, with innovative propositions and easy-to-understand products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to be a leading pan-Asian insurer by changing the way people feel about insurance.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey. The Job:
- Lead the IT Operations & Service Management Team to design, create and rollout central IT Operational services locally
- Overseas the IT Service Management rollout and implementation within the organization with primary responsibilities in Change, Incident/Problem Management; and related provisioning / de-provisioning process used by other IT teams (e.g., Service Request to IT Helpdesk)
- Manage the computer operations and printing outsourcing service provider to deliver the IT operations service committed to business
- Organize and review the IT Departmental Business Continuity (BC) Plan; oversee IT Disaster Recovery (DR) related processes and actual execution for the company
- Recommends and drive operation solution to improve application releases and batches performance
- Derive capacity plan and execute as an on-going and annual process
- Manage the communications between application team, internal users and the printing outsourcing service provider
- Drive Service Level Review meeting with continuous improvements to major outsourcing service provider, both internal with FWD Group and external inclusive
- Respond to the operation technical issues and IT Operation security compliant in a professional and timely manner
- Monitor performance of major vendors and ensure service level is met
- Ensure the system performance monitoring is effective
- Design the Operation Acceptance Test process and lead the implementation
- Lead IT operation improvements such as automated operations and improve the operations governance (e.g. Standard Operating Procedures)
- Over 15 years of experience in supporting central IT Operation, of which 4 years in a senior manager role
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Technology or related disciplines
- Solid experience with Operation management for application and infrastructure services
- Possess solid ITIL knowledge.
- Track record of setting up IT operation processes
- Strong coordination, communication and multitasking skills, able to communicate effectively with all relevant parties at different levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English with the ability to effectively tailor communication of technical issues to various audiences
- Require being on call and the ability to respond to emergency issues during off hours
- Past experience in managing NOC or similar technical teams, experience with performing batch fixes, batch release tools like Control-M
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.