Associate Director, Data Privacy Programme & Compliance Operations
Bring your career aspirations to life with AIA!
1. Subject Matter Expert - Data Privacy Compliance Programme (including Records Management)
• Provide support to ensure the Group and Business Units process personal data in compliance with applicable data protection law.
• Responsible to issue Group Policies and Standards for such compliance risk under management.
• Monitor regulatory development on Data Privacy and revise Group Policies and Standards as required.
• Design and implement Data Privacy controls for digital and online transactions involving data transfers.
• Leveraging applicable best practices for Data Privacy from companies that manage data on a regular basis.
• Monitors and review execution of compliance strategy within set parameters by establishing Group policy and guidelines and ensure that they are adhered to.
• Act as an advisory role to the local Business Unit's Compliance team, including assess and advice on risks and potential for breaches, provide training and skills transfer.
• Knowledge and precedent exchange to facilitate the efficient use of resources to avoid reinventing and repetition of past mistakes.
• Provide support and facilitate incident management for data breaches and control failures including on conducting investigation and advising on appropriate containment, remediation of any breaches, and notification and regulatory reporting requirements.
• Assist in ensuring that data breaches are appropriately notified promptly and as required to relevant regulators by the Group and Business Units.
2. Conducting privacy impact assessments throughout the organisation
• Analysis of compliance trends, systemic issues across the region and compliance environmental scans and conducting privacy impact assessments on business units and processes.
• Assess how personal data is collected, processed and stored within the organisation and advise on how privacy risks can be mitigated and how processes may be enhanced to ensure personal data is used only for permitted purposes.
• Understanding and if necessary monitoring how third parties use or may gather and store data on AIA or how data belonging to AIA may be gathered or published online including through social media.
• Advise on the transfer of personal data including to other jurisdictions and third parties.
• Work with Business Unit's Compliance team to ensure the quality of the controls implemented.
• Work closely in regards to the above and as applicable with Information Security, Data Governance and Data Platforms, Data Analytics, Legal, Corporate Communications, Sourcing, Internal Audit and other functional teams and stakeholders.
3. Advise on the ethical use of Artificial Intelligence within the organisation
4. Designate Compliance Officer for certain AIA Group Office entities
• Act as the responsible Compliance Officer for TSS China with the support from the local Compliance Coordinator.
• Develop and implement applicable compliance policies/protocols and relevant back-end procedures to comply with applicable regulatory requirements for TSS China.
• Coordinate and/or provide training as required to TSS China employees for the understanding of relevant obligations.
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live healthier, longer, better lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.