Associate Director, Crypto and Blockchain Advisory, Technology Consulting
For over 3 years KPMG has been investing in blockchain technology projects and virtual assets advisory, building a regional team that is working with some of the largest crypto asset service providers and financial services to institutions this growing asset class. We therefore look for a Crypto and Blockchain Advisory Lead to further drive our offering and presence in this fast-evolving financial technology.
In your role, you will shape our service offering and delivery for crypto assets and blockchain projects in Hong Kong and the Asia Pacific region. Together with our teams and senior leaders from the Audit, Tax and Advisory practices you will support our clients and member firms on their adoption of crypto asset and enterprise blockchain technology.
The ideal candidate will have proven leadership experience in a management consulting or business management role, with a passion for crypto assets and a deep understanding of the challenges and opportunities in the adoption of this this technology and asset class. Responsibilities:
- Design and define the service and product offering of KPMG's Crypto advisory services and commercialise this offering with our clients.
- Deliver projects across the ASPAC region, working together with our clients on the institutionalisation of crypto assets from a technical, regulatory and operational standpoint.
- Drive market development in Hong Kong and Asia Pacific to grow our client share in the crypto asset industry.
- Work with some of the largest banks and financial service providers on their adoption of crypto assets
- Collaborate closely with KPMG teams in Asia Pacific to enable their proposition building and project delivery for crypto asset service providers.
- Build out a team of consultants and SMEs to manifest KPMG's delivery capability and thought leadership within the industry.
- Develop thought leadership reports and market insights to help shape our public profile. What the role offers to you:
- Fantastic exposure to drive the adoption and institutionalisation of crypto assets in Asia Pacific with the power of a large and well-respected professional service organisation in your back.
- Unique access and exposure to executive and board-level client stakeholders in traditional financial services, FinTechs and regulators.
- Relationships and support from a broad set of technology partners
- Immersion in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture, actively driving collaboration across multiple countries in Asia Pacific
- A high energy, fast paced and inclusive working environment What you should bring to the role:
- A passion for technology and crypto assets and a desire to build great products and solutions that make an impact
- Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or a similar discipline
- 7+ years in a management consulting or business management role
- Proven track-record in business development and proposition design for clients in financial services or asset management.
- Strong project management skills, with a focus on regulatory advisory or technology solution delivery
- A lot of experience in organizing and directing multiple teams and departments within fintech, financial services, or tech industries across various jurisdictions and backgrounds
- The ability to mentor, motivate and lead consulting teams to produce a team culture of client service and collective expertise-development
- Outstanding strategic and analytical capabilities and the ability to communicate complex and often ambiguous situations in clear, concise and meaningful ways