- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 08 Jan 18
Associate Director, Credit Structuring, Private Banking
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
An exciting opportunity arises in the Credit Structuring Team of Standard Chartered Private Bank.Leading the way in International Banking. Standard Chartered is one of the world's most dynamic and exciting international banks. Once you have joined the team, we offer many opportunities to expand and grow your career.
The successful applicant will join Credit Structuring Team (CST) of Private Bank Greater China and North Asia. The main responsibility is to actively structure complex and/or large financings for Private Bank clients. The team employs sophisticated techniques to formulate credit solutions and initiates credit propositions to promote business growth and cross-product partnership.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the Head of CST Greater China to develop the credit structuring business and ensure sufficient risk management.
- Conduct due diligence and devise structures to mitigate credit, regulatory and legal risks with respect to different jurisdictions.
- Originate and risk-manage credit structures secured by different asset types including equities, fixed-income, funds, real estate and other financial securities.
- Work closely with Relationship Managers, Legal and other functions to structure complex and large financings. Advise Relationship Managers on credit-related matters.
- Write succinct credit proposals and manage the credit approval process efficiently.
- Meet clients and tailor credit solutions based on clients' needs and bank's risk appetite.
- Provide support for Relationship Managers to enhance their understanding of credit products and policies.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong financial analysis skills and experience in due diligence and analysis of corporates.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to conduct data analysis using spreadsheet, Bloomberg etc.
- Strong knowledge of derivatives would be a plus.
- Ability to work independently and solve problems with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of capital markets and derivatives is preferred but not a must.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.