Associate Director, Credit Analyst
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Specializing in Banks; Broker Dealers; Insurance; Leasing; Sovereign; Funds / Hedge Funds clients preferred.
- Prepare comprehensive and clearly written group mandates and business credit applications for credit approval on a timely and effectively basis.
- Seek credit approval to waive or change of facility terms and conditions.
- Follow up closely with customers or respective Relationship Manager on submission of financials for timely preparation of credit grade assessment and financial analysis.
- Proactively monitor excesses and communicate with customers in line with account strategy, seek proper approval for excesses and monitor loan & bills repayments in accordance with the Bank's policies and procedures.
- Monitor risks on a continuous basis (via monthly CaRT checking, financial updates and press releases/news) with prompt reporting and appropriate action to deal with irregularities in order to minimize loss to the Bank.
- Attend client meetings and site visits as part of risk assessment.
- Participate in and provide feedback on ad hoc credit related exercises and risk reporting (e.g. Tall Tree stress testing, industry review).
- Assist in preparation of regulatory (e.g. HKMA), internal reports (e.g. MTM reviews, portfolio reviews, etc.).
- University degree major in Finance / Accounting / Business, Auditing background preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years professional and solid working experience in corporate lending business, exposure in FIs preferred.
- Good command of spoken and written English, Cantonese and/or Mandarin.
- Able to work under pressure and multi-tasking.
- An organized team player who can work independently.
- Good inter-personal and negotiation skill.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.