Associate Director, Client Management - HSBC Securities Services
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities.
Securities Services provides robust and reliable solutions that enhance performance and mitigate risk, today and in the future. Working with institutional investors, banks, insurance companies, governments and multinational corporations, Securities Services offers a range of fund administration, global custody, sub-custody and clearing, and corporate trust and loan agency services.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Associate Director, Client Management Principal responsibilities
- Develop deep and mutually respectful relationships with senior representatives of the Client, Service Delivery, Sales and Product communities.
- Active engagement of the HSS senior management and executives across the wider Client stakeholder base, ensures all stakeholder remain updated and briefed on all key client activities and seeking senior management sponsorship for client initiatives as appropriate
- Share and leverage best practice and knowledge across regional Client Management teams
- Maintain and enhance the reputation of HSS HK through a new effective client management model
- Ensure that all services provided to clients are appropriately positioned and executed, implement coherent service management framework for assigned client base and communicate same to all stakeholders
- Ensure the timely completion of new business documentation and appropriate presentation of the same at various committees
- Ensure each product area is made aware of any operational impact of new business pipeline
- Ensure professional approach undertaken by team members for all client pitches and client meetings leaving positive impression on all internal and external parties
- Undertake regular internal reporting for allocated clients, highlighting service trends and efficiency initiatives
- Coordinate and manage due diligence visits from clients and investors
- Responsible for the continual assessment of operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructuring and the impact of new technology
- Demonstrate compliance with HSBC Group standards, manuals and policies and adheres to the defined work practices, internal controls and risk management standards associated with the role
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business activities associated with the role, specifically the group internal controls and compliance policies and manuals
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Detailed knowledge and extensive experience of client account management or senior operational leadership experience
- Fully proficient in understanding the regulations that drive the securities services arena and in particular those that govern client management
- Ability to demonstrate high levels of industry knowledge
- Client facing, with ability to interface and interact with both strong communication and presentation skills, and with a good commercial understanding
- Proven ability to demonstrate flexibility to adapt to the changing demands of the industry, clients and internal stakeholders
- Demonstrable quality track record as a proven team player with the capacity to positively contribute to the current and future state client management function
- Proven capacity to operate across a complex collaboratively, whilst ensuring that the agreed client and HSBC agenda is effectively managed
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Sound understanding of controls, risk management and mitigation techniques
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.