Associate Director, Change Delivery Asia
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity International
- 15 Nov 18
This role is responsible for leading, shaping and successful implementation of change management initiatives impacting GBS Operations.
Intelligent Automation & Change drives process improvement, automation and manages the change portfolio for Group Business Operations. The Change function provides the professional programme, project and PMO capabilities to manage strategic change within GBS Operations. Additionally it provides the portfolio management, enables prioritisation and governance and is the initial interface point for change led through other functions.
The Change function also owns and builds change capability within GBS Operations. Additionally it works with technology to ensure consistent management of change across GBS.
Purpose of your role
This role is responsible for leading, shaping and successful implementation of change management initiatives impacting GBS Operations. It will require strong working relationships with a range of stakeholders across GBS Operations and other stakeholders as required. You will have business stakeholders across our offices in Dalian, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Sydney and other locations and will need to be flexible to travel as required.
- Ownership and project management of individual change projects. These may often be complex projects spanning multiple functions and departments and covering a broad range of business initiative
- Work with stakeholders at all levels to identify, analyse and document project requirements and structure work accordingly
- Work across asset class and functions / operational teams throughout the region to support the change management process
- Engagement with business representatives and Technology on systems implementation initiatives to facilitate scoping, prioritisation, benefits identification and tracking, and business readiness
- Representation of stakeholders views and requirements within broader project teams
- Liaison with project managers and other departments across FIL to coordinate activities and resolve issues on cross divisional projects
- Identify, communicate and manage risks and issues that may impact the successful delivery of projects
- Coordinate with Change Delivery teams in Europe as necessary on global initiatives
- Provision of timely, clear and accurate reporting for key stakeholders and interested parties
- Strong project management skills gained in a change management environment as demonstrated by ability to manage projects with senior stakeholders and influence decisions and outcomes
- Strong analysis and problem solving experience within an asset management environment as demonstrated through proactive identification of issues and definition of solutions or requirements
- Ability to develop successful working relationships in support of individual initiatives across Global Business Operations and the wider enterprise
- Ability to identify project benefits
- Ability to challenge and question key stakeholders
- Ability to deal successfully with ambiguity and draw out the issues to be addressed
- Proactively drives their own workload and manages their own time
- Able to act as a business advocate with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in English. Mandarin is also desirable
- An understanding of the investment process and how it fits into the overall business.
- Broad-based knowledge of asset management and investment management operations
- Understanding of the usages of different types of equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and derivative instruments in Asia
- Knowledge of how other areas of FIL's business interact with Global Business Operations
- Awareness of product structures servicing retail and institutional clients
- Broader industry awareness including the evolving regulatory landscape and product trends
- Experience of technology change initiatives and agile and waterfall project management practises
- Technical expertise; competency with Microsoft Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Word and MS Project
- A project management certification, such as Prince 2 or PMP
- Japanese language skills