Associate Director, Actuarial
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job Description The Opportunity
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products and services daily. We believe in the value of empowering our Associate Director , Actuarial
with the resources to enhance and achieve our business performance objectives for the future of our business, which is why we need you.
By leading a team of 5, this role will support in IFRS reporting on Par products for Group submission including reserve, Source of Earning Analysis, and other Group requirements. Also, the role is expected to be the key contact person with Valuation Shared Service Center in handling model change management process to ensure the changes to the actuarial model are properly managed and implemented to the production model. Group Capital Management including LICAT and EC are fall under this role as well. While IFRS 17 is going to be implemented 2023, this person will help on delivering a smooth transition from current C-IFRS BAU reporting to IFRS17 BAU reporting. What motivates you?
We are looking for someone with:
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
On the job you will:
- Degree holder with professional actuarial qualifications such as FSA, FIA or equivalent.
- Solid actuarial knowledge and experience in valuation, financial reporting.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant working experience in insurance industry.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to work with complex financial issues and concepts.
- Strong technical/modeling skills, knowledge or experience in Microsoft Access, FoxPro, VBA and AXIS is an asset
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication and relationship skills.
- Always demonstrate initiatives and commitment, and able to work independently.
- Able to manage multiple and conflicting requests from various parties.
- Effective command of English, both spoken and written.
Our commitment to you:
- Support in Par Group reporting including Source of Earning analysis.
- Manage the model change process by working closely with Valuation Shared Service Center.
- Support in delivering Group capital requirement (LICAT and EC)
- Ad hoc tasks related to CIFRS
- Become the to-go person on CIFRS Par reporting
- Lead and manage junior staffs for delivering the requirement and support in their development.
- Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
- Our best. Every day
Learn more about opportunities with us at jobs.manulife.com
#LI-RC36 If you are ready to unleash your potential, it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock. About Manulife
About Manulife Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services provider that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and our global wealth and asset management segment, Manulife Investment Management, serves individuals, institutions and retirement plan members worldwide. At the end of 2020, we had more than 37,000 employees, over 118,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 30 million customers. As of March 31, 2021, we had CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.3 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong. Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .