Associate Director, Accounting Policy
Bring your career aspirations to life with AIA!
This position is responsible for rolling out the IFRS 17/9 project (Project Halley), conduct accounting research, and provide guidance to business units to ensure proper accounting practice and consistent application within AIA Group
Support the review and preparation of technical papers, application guidance and chapters from the accounting and valuation manual related to the new standards
Support in preparing internal papers for presentations to senior internal/external stakeholders on the new standards, interpretation and proposed technical solutions. This includes Board, Project Steering committee, Design Authority and other groups/committees.
Support the interactions and communications across all project workstreams, pilot BU and other BUs. This will include the following:
- Help address questions and issues raised
- Co-ordinate activities in relation to the gathering, review and presentation of material on the new standards.
- Support in making training and other materials, and if needed support in delivering the presentation or workshops
- Support the reporting workstream which focusses on (amongst others) defining new chart of account, financial disclosures and related processes
- Participate in meetings with workstreams (such as financial strategy, execution, etc.) on Financial Impact Assessments and other quantitative tests and support in assessing the implications of technical deliverables.
Work together with other team members to provide an accounting advice on (amongst others) following topics:
- IFRS 17: product classification, combinations, level of aggregation, unbundling of components, contract boundaries, fulfillment cash flows, etc.
- IFRS 9: SPPI test, classification and measurement, disclosures, business model test, etc.
- Application of the IASB guidance and clarifications
- Financial statement new disclosures and presentation
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live healthier, longer, better lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.