- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Jan 18
Associate Director – Advisory Services
Location: Hong Kong
Moody's Analytics is a subsidiary of Moody's Corporation which assists financial institutions with end-to-end products and services regarding: Enterprise Risk Management, Structured Analytics and Valuation, Credit Research, Risk Measurement, as well as Consumer Credit Analysis. Moody's works with clients across industries including; banks, insurers, corporations, and institutional investors in over 80 countries.
The Risk and Finance Analytics (RAFA) team in Moody's Analytics helps institutions quantify and manage credit risk. The RAFA team includes experienced consultants and practitioners working with and drawing on the insight and expertise of our world-class analytics, data, and software technology platforms. Our product solutions include PD, LGD, and Portfolio models, while representative engagements include IFRS9 and stress test advisory and modeling, Basel II/III implementation, economic capital analysis, PD/LGD/EAD modeling, and risk-based pricing.
Based in Hong Kong, this Associate Director level position will be a client-facing role. The successful candidate will have a strong knowledge of risk management of Project Finance exposures, including typical contractual structures and risk measurement, analysis and mitigation, and will act as the senior subject matter expert in the regional APAC RAFA team's engagements in Project Finance. Through partnering with various Moody's Analytics teams, the candidate will work with clients for whom we will design and deliver Project Finance risk measurement solutions consisting of both product and bespoke models. It is expected that the successful candidate will quickly grow into such role, assist with project execution when required, and supervise and mentor junior staff. Heavy travel is required to support sales and services delivery.
- Participate in risk modeling project implementation and execution for existing and new clients, in order to implement Moody's Analytics Project Finance solutions.
- Establish, build, document, and promote expert knowledge concerning Project Finance within the Risk and Finance Analytics practice.
- Build relationships and act as a bridge between MA Product Managers, Data Consortium managers, consultants, sales team and clients.
- Contribute to Asia Pacific Project Finance product and services strategy development.
- Represent the MA Organization and Risk and Finance Analytics products and services at conferences / industry events.
- Work together with the Sales team to pursue Project Finance risk modeling business opportunities, in order to grow RAFA Services and Product revenue.
Enterprise Risk Solutions, Risk and Finance Analytics
- Relevant professional work experience, likely gained within either a bank, asset management, insurance or consultancy company, in evaluating the risks within Project Finance deals and portfolios.
- Experience in modeling Project Finance Rating/PD/LGD/EAD is preferred, exposure to stress testing, and capital calculations on such deals is a plus.
- Experience in evaluating Project Finance risk in Asia, and particularly in emerging markets is a plus.
- Requires a minimum of Bachelor's degree (Advanced degree strongly desired) in Finance, Business, Engineering or a related quantitative field.
- Relevant professional designations (e.g., CFA, FRM and/or PRM) are also a plus
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with ability to convey complex ideas to all levels of an organization
- Ability to develop high quality thought leadership on a regular basis (i.e. white papers, presentations…)
- Team player with management skills and the ability to lead others
- Strong problem solving skills are required in order to understand clients' problems and requirements, and develop solutions based on Moody's Analytics products and expertise.
- Heavy travel is required.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.