* Reputable European Private Bank * 2nd Line of Defense Role * Competitive Remuneration
Our client, a reputable European Private Bank, is looking for an Associate Director- Operational Risk for a reputable European Private Bank to work closely with the team head and senior management.
- Work with the operations risk control manager to assist Chief Operating Officer in risk management and control monitoring.
- Develop in depth understanding of the business and operational risks within the coverage areas; perform deep dives into material operational risk events.
- Implement operational risk assessment processes and governance activities; develop control measures; carry out relevant gap analysis, assessments and control monitoring
- Analyze risk metrics and data to identify early risk trends and escalate to management for determination of appropriate actions.
- Support in risk/ control related projects/ initiatives, policies & procedures development and system enhancement.
- Work with various business partners to facilitate completion of business risk assessments and targeted operational risk assessment projects.
- Provide support and training to staffs in building risk awareness within the organization.
- Assist in reporting to management board/ committees and regulators.
- University graduated in Business Administration, Finance or relevant disciplines.
- Minimum 5 years experience in audit/ consulting, operational risk management from private banking business.
- Awareness of key risk in private banking operations, system access right entitlement, outsourcing, record retention, etc.
- Familiar with Hong Kong regulatory requirements (e.g. HKMA supervisory policy manuals) and risk related reporting.
- Sound IT and information security knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills; able to interact with all levels of management.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese
- Candidates with less experience will be considered as an Associate level.