Associate, Commodities Sales - Markets
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Feb 18 2018-02-15
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
Our Markets business is one of the largest of its kind in the world. It combines sophisticated 24- hour global coverage with a detailed knowledge of local markets. Our services are offered both online and offline in more than 60 countries and territories worldwide. We specialise in foreign exchange, credits and rates, structured derivatives, equities and debt, equity and equity-linked capital markets.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Associate, Commodities Sales.
In this role, you will
- Work with senior sales to identify sales opportunities and execute deals
- Stay connected with local Corporate Sales and Coverage teams
- Contribute to maintenance of business relationships with accounts in assigned areas of responsibility
- Learn and develop skills with respect to marketing and executing product
- Assist the team in all sales initiatives in achieving both the financial and qualitative objectives
- Learn the cost computation and how to price different metal products
- Understand the infrastructure through which the business operates and assist internal stakeholders on resolving day to day client issues
- Share relevant market, customer and counterparty intelligence with the team
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of Commodities business, including the products, clients, systems and key processes
- Relevant sales experience in a Markets function
- Ability to understand client needs and to provide suitable solutions accordingly
- Track record working in global team and dealing with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Full adherence to all policies, Know Your Customer process and suitability requirements
- Adopt a result driven or solution based approach in addressing issues and willing to push out all boundaries to get things done within existing business framework
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment with continuous changes
- Strong communication, negotiation, influencing and presentation skills
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000ACAA
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited