Associate, Capital Markets
- Not Specified
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Oct 18
Assisting in managing broker dealer relationships, analysing the iShares ETFs primary and secondary markets, contributing to iShares ETFs platform enhancement initiatives and coordinating with internal and external stakeholders on requests related to primary market activities
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
ETF & Index Investments:
BlackRock’s ETF & Index Investments (EII) manages over $3.0 trillion in global index equity assets across US Equities, Developed Markets, Emerging Markets, Commodities and REITs. This includes BlackRock’s iShares product line, the leading provider of ETFs in the world, with over $1.8 trillion in assets under management across more than 900 ETFs and the industry's broadest array of investment choices. The EII team has primary offices in San Francisco, London, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Sydney.
The EII APAC group serves institutional and retail clients in the Asia Pacific region, on ETFs and indexing investment solutions.
Professionals within the APAC EII Global Markets Team seek to protect and grow trading in iShares funds by actively monitoring and improving the ETF ecosystem, which encompasses investors, broker-dealers, market-makers, trading venues and technology providers. The position will be primarily responsible for assisting in managing broker dealer relationships, analysing the iShares ETFs primary and secondary markets, contributing to iShares ETFs platform enhancement initiatives and coordinating with internal and external stakeholders on requests related to primary market activities on the iShares ETFs.
To be successful, the right candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, a self-starter and possess strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills, attention to details, as well as the ability to multi-task. The candidate must be creative and solutions-oriented and interested in international markets and their structure in particular.
- Provide timely assistance on daily requests from market participants that support and trade the iShares ETFs. This includes facilitation of primary market trading activity.
- Provide insight to internal and external partners and clients on the trading, valuations, and market quality of the iShares ETFs, as well as comparing these with competitors’ products
- Assist in managing Broker Dealer and Market Making relationships to promote iShares ETFs as financial instrument
- Represent the iShares ETF range through the lens of Global Markets to our clients, Authorized Participants, Market Makers, Exchanges and vendors
- Provide pre-trade analysis and guidance, broker recommendations, and facilitate trade executions.
- Engage in business analysis and planning, associated with the technology needs of the Global Markets Team’s initiatives, testing of the platform enhancements and handling these changes with external markets partners.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Resourceful, proactive and able to prioritize and navigate in a fast-paced highly energetic team oriented environment
- Understanding of international securities markets and their related market structure including trading, clearing, and settlement
- 4+ yrs of experience in either buy or sell side trading or valuation of equity or fixed income ETFs a plus
- Strong financial analysis skills with a passion/interest for the equity and fixed income markets and financial instruments
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Able to multi-task and work effectively at various levels of an organization
- Knowledge of the Exchange Traded Fund ecosystem preferred
- Understanding of the Asia Pacific market structure and experience trading various derivatives products a plus
- Highly motivated person with impeccable ethical standards, strong focus on risk and attention to details
- Skillful in working with Bloomberg, Excel, PowerPoint and Word. VBA or advanced excel modelling a plus
- CFA and/or other professional investment accreditations a plus
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.