Associate, Business Development (Investment Management)
BNY Mellon Investment Management is the investment management arm of BNY Mellon, one of the world's largest financial services groups. We currently have presence in 9 locations in Asia-Pacific, namely Hong Kong, Mumbai, Pune, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney, Taipei and Tokyo. We believe the right results begin by being relevant to every client, whether that is engaging the way they want, offering diversified strategies, or providing advice and quality insights for better informed decisions.
Today, we have eight investment management firms, located across the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific regions: Alcentra, ARX, Dreyfus Cash Investment Strategies, Insight, Mellon, Newton Investment Management, Siguler Guff and Walter Scott. Our investment management model brings to clients the best of both worlds: specialist expertise from eight world-class investment firms offering solutions across every major asset class, backed by the strength, proven stewardship and global presence of BNY Mellon, one of the world's most trusted investment partners.
Our multi-investment firm model gives us the flexibility to offer clients a compelling suite of responsible investment (RI) solutions. Each investment firm approaches RI in alignment with its own philosophy.
We believe this is how investing should be and we are looking for talent to help us deliver on our promise.
The Institutional Greater China team is now seeking a Business Development & Support Associate to work based in Hong Kong to ensure that clients/prospects requirements are satisfied in accordance with agreed service levels (as appropriate); and to perform such other functions as may be delegated from time to time by the Institutional sales managers (where appropriate).
• To provide support for sales activities including marketing material preparation and translation, market information search, etc.
• To communicate with prospects/clients for general enquiries on investment products/Strategies
• To coordinate with subsidiaries located overseas
• To participate in investment seminars and sales activities
• Assist in providing solutions to client issues
• Assist in account opening, KYC/AML, due diligence queries and checks
• Assist in RFPs/RFIs and tender submissions
• To provide ad hoc and other routine supports as required by sales team
• Collaborate and liaise with internal stakeholders to meet and address client deliverables - such as Legal, Compliance, Marketing, Portfolio Specialists and related subsidiaries Qualifications
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
- Bachelor's degree holder (Business, Marketing or Finance related)
- At least 5 years work experience and 3 years in Asset Management industry preferred
- Experience within asset management client services/sales support role, preferably in institutional client servicing role
- Fluency of Cantonese/Mandarin and English must be required
- Excellent skills in Microsoft office: Word, excel, power point and any experience in Salesforce would be advantageous
- Basic knowledge on different types of investment strategies
Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong Job:
Asset Management Internal Jobcode:
IM APAC-HR11404 Requisition Number: