- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Analyst, Financial Institutions (Korean Language Required)
Location: Hong KongThe Role / Responsibilities:
The Associate Analyst will work closely with Senior Analysts and have the opportunity to attend meetings with issuers and contribute to rating committees. The key function of the role is to provide analytical and research assistance to Analysts in the Insurance Group. The APAC Insurance Team is responsible for assigning and maintaining Moody's ratings on Asian Insurance companies.
- Assists analysts with overall preparation for Rating Committees such as gathering data, preparation of charts and financial models
- Assists analysts in preparation for portfolio reviews by compiling and maintaining peer comparisons, industry statistics and bond prices and spreads relevant to the portfolio
- Responsible for keeping minutes of issuer meetings, prepares items for follow-up and coordinates internally for resolution of outstanding issues
- Works with a team of analysts on various analytical and statistical projects including preparing financial spreadsheets and undertaking financial modelling, which leads to first drafts of analytical summaries of quantitative and qualitative information
- Attends investor briefings relevant to portfolio as an observer
- Tracks news wires daily and appropriately flags relevant items / developments
- Performs administrative tasks such as but not limited to preparation of materials for rating committees, issuer meetings and portfolio reviews
Ratings & Research Support - FIG
- Insurance or reinsurance industry experience a strong advantage
- Bachelor's degree in a Finance, Accounting or Actuarial subject
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. CFA) would be highly beneficial
- Accounting knowledge is essential (e.g., coursework and / or relevant work experience in accounting)
- Demonstrates good knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills a must
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Ambitious and highly motivated/keen to identify and pursue opportunities for self development
- Desire to exceed client expectations
- Fluency in English and Korean is essential
- Fluency in Mandarin would be a plus
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.