Associate Analyst- Corporate Finance Group
Job Description Key Responsibilities
- Performs day-to-day credit analysis related to ratings, research, presentations, and investor outreach. Examples of analytical work produced include:
- Reviewing financial spreadsheets and charts prepared by others, analyzing data and financial statements, building and updating financial forecasts, and writing analytical commentary in accordance with Moody's methodologies.
- Assisting with proprietary models and new financial projections as applicable, identifying trends in data, and applying analytical skills and judgment to form well-reasoned credit conclusions.
- Reviewing transaction documents and building knowledge of cash flow and loss allocation rules (if applicable to LOB).
- Develops strong working knowledge of Moody's methodologies and credit rating best practices, applying these with guidance from Lead Analysts.
- Prepares first draft of rating committee memos, in collaboration with Lead Analysts.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand and identify key factors that affect issuer credit ratings.
- Interprets and analyzes financial data and other credit inputs provided by others e.g. FDAs and RRS Associates.
- Monitors credit quality and issuer and/or portfolio trends by following market developments, analyzing issuer reporting, and engaging with issuers directly for follow-up clarification and information.
- As applicable to the LOB, monitors and attends earnings calls of companies within assigned portfolio, including monitoring relevant news events.
- Attends rating committee meetings and is encouraged to participate, including offering analysis and opinion where appropriate.
- May complete Credit Estimates used to assess elements of credit risk in certain rated transactions.
Research & Investor Outreach
- Prepares first draft of core research as applicable to the LOB e.g. credit opinions, issuer and sector comments, press releases, pre sale and new issue reports etc. in collaboration with Lead Analysts.
- Contributes to research strategy, including idea generation and preliminary drafting, adhering to Moody's research standards.
- Attends investor briefings and issuer meetings as required; may help prepare presentation materials; a rrives prepared to engage in discussions.
- Builds positive relationships with issuers - displays initiative to understand the issuer's business and proactively responds to issuer enquiries.
- Performs analytical tasks related to portfolio reviews and other credit projects (e.g. liquidity scrubs).
- Operates applicable ratings and research systems and utilizes software specific to the rating group. Identifies all issues with data for follow up with Lead Analyst.
- Demonstrates sound understanding and judgment in applying Moody's processes, documentation standards and best practices, adhering to all laws and policies.
Coaching & Guidance
- Provides clear, concise and constructive guidance in the delegation of work to Associates (if applicable), actively managing workload pipeline in order to provide sufficient time for completion. Seeks Associate Analyst Team Manager (AATM) guidance where needed to determine how to allocate work.
- Provides feedback to AATM on the quality and accuracy of work produced by Associates, along with providing constructive and proactive feedback to Associates and FDAs.
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent qualifications
- Some relevant experience, preferably minimum of 2 year.
- Accounting background with strong focus in financial analysis (e.g., through coursework, CFA or equivalent, or relevant work experience).
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.