Associate, Accounting and Prudential Policy Controller
Description About this role Overview of Responsibilities
The individual will be responsible for supporting the accounting and prudential policy, and other controllership activities across the Asia-Pacific, reporting to the Head of Accounting and Prudential Policy in the region. Key to the role is to build connectivity and strong relationship with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist the Head of Accounting and Prudential Policy in the implementation of new US GAAP/IFRS standards and other ad hoc projects and initiatives; including liaising with policy teams in EMEA and AMRS;
- Provide support to local Controllers on technical accounting issues and document conclusion;
- Assist with technical reviews of financial statements, ensuring harmonization and compliance with BlackRock IFRS policies;
- Assist in the design and execution of technical accounting trainings covering new and existing accounting requirements;
- Track emerging ESG regulations in APAC, assist in implementing new disclosures and foster partnership with other BLK ESG teams;
- Liaise with Deloitte on accounting developments impacting Asia Pacific, as well as foster partnership with HKICPA and other standard setting bodies.
Experience and Skills
- Monitor and evaluate regulatory developments in APAC and communicate the impact of these to relevant stakeholders, including prudential policy team in EMEA;
- Assist in the development and implementation of the APAC prudential policy document;
- Provide independent review of APAC regulatory capital reports and calculations;
- Coordinate and lead quarterly Finance & Compliance meetings;
- Maintain an up-to-date APAC regulatory-finance issues log and drive action points;
- Coordinate regulatory updates for local Controller groups;
- Ensure the region is compliant with internal regulatory policies and procedures.
The role requires an individual with relevant experience working in the financial services industry. The individual will be highly organized, results orientated and have proven project management capabilities. The successful candidate should have the executive presence to effectively represent their function with senior management throughout BlackRock with a profile as follows:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience within the financial services industry, including corporate controllership or policy; or big 4 background;
- Experience in ESG reporting standards and frameworks;
- CA / CPA license or equivalent with a strong academic record;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, establish and adhere to a work plan/program approved by management and operate in a deadline driven environment.
- Proven project management experience;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work in a deadline driven environment;
- Sound judgment and decision making ability, being assertive in the application of those qualities.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.