Associate, APAC Quantitative Research, BlackRock Sustainable Investing
Description About this role Job Purpose/Background:
Reporting to the Head of APAC Research for BlackRock Sustainable Investing and working closely with the global BSI quantitative research team, this role will help to provide the critical research foundation that underpins the key pillars of the APAC BSI strategy. These pillars include client engagement and commercialization, product innovation and integration, and policy and regulation.
Its primary responsibility will be the analysis and interpretation of traditional and alternative data sets that inform two main outputs of the APAC BSI research team:
- The production of thought leadership content and narrative on top-down sustainability-related topics and thematics and their relevance to investment opportunities and risks. The aim of this research is to ensure resonance of BlackRock's global sustainability narrative with our APAC stakeholder base.
- The development of APAC ESG insights that can be integrated into both APAC and global sustainable product development.
- Collaborate with the global BSI research teams in bringing the global research agenda and narrative to a locally relevant and useful context, as well as advocate for and bring insights on the unique APAC context into the global agenda & narrative.
- Undertake quantitative research analysis to support APAC client & marketing materials and inform thought leadership content, for example performance analysis and attribution of ESG indices and/ or active funds, correlation with factors, materiality analysis, ESG performance metrics.
- Leads efforts to address challenges around ESG data in APAC: analyse existing gaps and assess current quality of both 3rd party data and corporate disclosures, investigate alternative regional/ local data sources. Collaborate with global quantitative research team members to bring these insights into APAC and global sustainable product development.
- Collaborate with Global Market Intelligence and Corporate Strategy teams on the gathering and analysis of competitor and sustainable market data to help inform product and client strategy.
- Provide input to the iShares team/ index providers/ local exchanges on development and enhancement of customised ESG indices where necessary.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other data analytics and investment teams, e.g. RQA, Aladdin, SAE, Impact, Factor, to help understand and articulate different data insights and demonstrate differences between various approaches.
- 3-5 years' experience in financial data analysis
- Passion for and understanding of sustainability and its relevance to investment outcomes is essential
- Strong technical research skills
- Strong communication skills - ability to understand complex qualitative and quantitative problems, and articulate and present research findings in an easily understandable, commercial way
- Team player; ability to manage projects through collaboration with cross-disciplinary global teams
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills and knowledge of ESG data providers essential. Experienced with coding logic, with programming skills such as Python preferred.
- Mandarin skill sets required
Asian languages, particularly Mandarin, an advantage Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.