Associate, AEJ Equity Product Controller
Nomura is a Global financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its four business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking) and Merchant Banking. Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com.
Global Middle Office - Product Control is responsible for the accounting and valuation within the Wholesale division. Our primary responsibility is as a control function; ensuring accuracy and completeness of P&L and Balance Sheet reporting by monitoring the trade booking and valuation flows through to the official books and records, across the entire product range. Product Control provides insight to management on trading activity, working closely with traders to understand their trading strategies and risks. Product Control ensures the integrity, completeness and accuracy of all trading Profit and Loss (P&L) positions and related corporate data. The team works closely with various Corporate Functions and the business to enable a robust control framework together with a strong understanding of the business and associated risks.
We are looking for an experienced senior product controller to join our Global Middle Office - Product Control team based in Hong Kong.
The candidate will be a member of the AEJ Equity Product Control team with a focus on the Equity Derivatives Business. The role will also expand over time to include other additional finance responsibilities.
- Overview of the daily P&L reporting and revenue attribution processes across the AEJ E Equity Derivatives business.
- Managing team objectives and ensuring these are aligned with regional, departmental and firm objectives
- Managing and maintaining onshore and offshore product control relationship in an effort to optimise resource usage and workload allocation
- Advisory and implementation of initiatives for the wider benefit of the organisation through representing Finance on various steering groups with a major focus around regulatory compliance and efficient capital usage
- Continual assessment of control framework to ensure that sufficient controls are in place to minimise / mitigate operational risks.
- Analysis and review of business performance, balance sheet usage and analysis, funding utilisation and regulatory capital and RWA usage
- Consideration of current and new business and new trade approval requests against factors including balance sheet and revenue recognition, balance sheet capacity, key return metrics, infrastructure capabilities and operational support
- Take ownership, and be accountable for the timely and accurate calculation, verification, reporting of Daily P&L.
- Interaction with Trading, Middle Office, Operations, Treasury and other functions to resolve booking, valuation, and financial resource enquiries and issues.
- Analysis, explanation and validation of P&L according to risk positions, market moves, new trades and other influences facilitating periodic P&L commentaries.
- Undertake critical reviews of trading activity with the objective of highlighting significant items to senior management.
- Undertake various month end procedure, inclusive of Balance Sheet substantiation.
- The individual will be expected to actively engage and identify new initiatives and projects together with daily responsibilities.
- An undergraduate degree in accounting, economics, mathematics. Further professional qualifications, such as CFA, CPA, CIMA, ACA or master's degree, are advantageous.
- Minimum 5 years' previous experience in Product Control, with strong Equity technical product knowledge.
- Individual will be a proven self - starter showing initiative to address issues as they arise and confidence in analysing and presenting complex financial data.
- Strong communication skills for effective interaction with front office, middle office and operations colleagues.
- Proactive team player with the ability to navigate effectively across multiple stakeholders and display leadership qualities to bring stakeholders together to achieve the desired result
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and Powerpoint. Knowledge in Power BI and Alteryx is a plus.
- Strong analytical, communication and problem solving skills, combined with well-developed inter-personal skills, and independent.
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.
DISCLAIMER: This Job Description is for reference only, and whilst this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, it is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. The management reserves the right to revise the job and may, at his or her discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.