Associate - Portfolio Analytics Group
Description About this role BACKGROUND
BlackRock Inc. is a preeminent global firm, providing investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional and individual investors around the world. Through the award winning Aladdin® Platform, BlackRock Solutions provides BlackRock's asset management business, as well as external financial institutions, access to intellectual capital, risk analytics, risk models, trade execution, compliance, and more by combining sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading and operations tools on a single platform tos power informed decision-making, effective risk management, efficient trading and operational scale.
The Portfolio Analytics Group (PAG) within BlackRock Solutions is focused on enhancing outcomes for investment and technology clients with actionable portfolio insights through analytics in collaborations with investors, portfolio consultants and risk managers that strengthen the efficacy of decisions made on behalf of clients. Many of the solutions PAG innovates through our collaborations across the Firm are also commercialized through BlackRock's Aladdin technology businesses for institutional investment and wealth management clients. PURPOSE AND SCOPE
The Asset Allocation Analytics team within PAG focuses on enhancing and delivering Aladdin analytics and technology solutions to multi-asset portfolio management and risk management at BlackRock. The team is looking to hire an associate who can partner with multi asset investment and solutions team in Asia Pacific to enhance our capabilities around whole portfolio solutions by expanding our multi-asset solution platform and portfolio construction advisory services through the latest portfolio construction research, Aladdin analytics models, Aladdin infrastructure and Aladdin Studio toolkit. Members of this team achieve a broad understanding of finance, clients, analytics, and technology. They learn to navigate all groups at BlackRock to solve business problems. Strong performers often grow into team leaders with management opportunities to coach and develop junior talents. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with multi-asset investors, asset allocators and portfolio researchers to incorporate research, data and analytic solution into their decisions made through investment and portfolio consulting processes
- Enhance the research and investment platform to drive efficient and consistent investment process
- Solve complex business problems at scale with enhanced data, applied analytics and technology
- Program in Python and Tableau to create and visualize analytics insights in partnership with investors, researchers and risk managers
- Partner with data scientists within the group and perform data analysis
- Deploy and enhance new financial models and analytics to help investors and risk managers perform return and risk analysis for their portfolios
- Serves as a role model to guide junior team members on technical expertise, problem solving abilities, delivering on strategic projects, building cohiesive team culture and etc.
- At least 3 years of experience in an analytical role, preferably in technology or financial services. Business analyst experience in other industries would also be considered
- Proven computer programing skills in any one of the modern scripting language like Python, R and etc. is a must
- Ability to influence and lead multiple partner teams towards a common goal
- Proven experience in building analytics using mathematics, modern portfolio theory, and/or financial data to better understand portfolios is preferred
- Experience in building relationships with stakeholders and partners in a highly matrixed organization is preferred
- Relentless desire for understanding how processes work. Creativity in solving unconventional problems; entrepreneurial drive to learn new skills and technologies
- A degree in quantitative field, e.g. mathematics, quantitative finance, computer science, economics, statistics, engineering or another quantitative field is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of Aladdin analytics production processes is a plus
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.