Associate – Quantitative Modelling and Analytics
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Pengyuan Credit Rating (Hong Kong) Company Limited
- 29 Nov 17 2017-11-29
We are an international credit rating agency with a rapidly growing presence in the offshore fixed income markets. The team is responsible for credit risk and cash flow modeling, and structural analysis in support of new issue ratings and surveillance activities. The Associate will review documents, assess the credit profile of collateral pools, build credit risk models and financial models, and conduct cash flow analyses to stress test the structures and assess the default risks under various economic scenarios. The Associate will also participate in credit rating committees and interact with bankers, issuers and investors on analytical matters.
- Create financial models for various types of ABS, RMBS, and structured credit transactions. Perform cash flow analysis and synthesize results in a timely manner for rating committees.
- Develop credit risk models for forecasting corporate default intensities or measuring capital adequacy of financial institutions.
- Analyze cash flow characteristics of collateral pools. Review third-party model output and reconcile with cash flow results from internal models.
- Conduct detailed reviews of legal and operating documents to ensure compliance with criteria and identify issues with the transaction structure. Provide comments to external parties.
- Actively manage relationships with issuers, intermediaries and investors. Effectively communicate rating methodologies and procedures. Participate in client meetings.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of ratings criteria and cash flow analysis by helping to resolve clients’ analytical questions.
- Work on special projects as directed by the analytical team manager.
- Ensure personal compliance with all relevant internal and external rules and regulations.
- Travel will be required within the region.
- Graduate degree in a quantitative discipline (Financial Engineering, Finance, Econometrics, Statistics, Operations Research, etc.).
- Strong proficiency with financial models and financial data.
- Strong technical and programming skills in one or more high level programming languages such as EXCEL(VBA), MATLAB, Python, R, SQL
- Strong understanding of financial markets.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Ability to analyze and solve non-routine problems in a timely and insightful manner.
- Ability to multi-task and manage deadlines under time pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a collaborative team.
- Diligent and intellectually curious self-starter with a strong work ethic and a drive to succeed.
- Strong command of written and spoken English and Chinese. Fluency in Mandarin is a must.