- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Associate/Associate Director, Structured Finance (Shipping)
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Associate/Associate Director, Structured Finance (Shipping)We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Support the team as required in the execution of ship financing solutions for clients at Structured Finance, particularly for the China market
- Experience working with leasing companies is a plus
- Support the team in maximizing customer profitability from Corporate and Institutional Client relationship by providing innovative and value added ship financing while at the same time reducing the risk to the bank by using a structured approach
- Handle financial modeling, preparation and presentation of information memoranda, prospectuses or business credit applications
- Carry out due diligence
- Assist Directors in structuring transactions
- Collect, review and analyse financial and other information from multiple sources
- Assist in the generation of financing ideas and execution of transactions
- Support the strategic development of the business, and cross-sell of other products of SCB
- University graduate with excellent command of written and spoken English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- Strong analytical problem solving and communications skills
- Financial analysis and modeling aptitude
- Ability to handle tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization
- Imaginative and creative mindset, but also an analytical and practical attitude
- Comfortable to work in a relatively unstructured, project-based and multi-cultural environment
- Candidate with less experience will be considered as Associate
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.