Assistant Vice President, Market Development (Commodities Development - LME)
- Monthly salary + competitive bonus
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited
- 10 Dec 18
Join our growing and successful LME Business Team in HKEX Hong Kong office. The London Metal Exchange is the world center for industrial metals trading. The prices discovered on our three trading platforms are used as the global reference price and both the metal and
Join our growing and successful LME Business Team in HKEX Hong Kong office. The London Metal Exchange is the world center for industrial metals trading. The prices discovered on our three trading platforms are used as the global reference price and both the metal and investment communities use the LME to transfer or take on risk, 24 hours a day.
You will join a team that provides our clients with risk and trading solutions across physical and financial markets. You will work with our key stakeholders across both the region and globally (LME and HKEX), to deliver key project development to the LME core business. In this role, you will need to leverage your experience in the LME and metal market. Your excellent understanding of relevant product behaviors and resultant actions will be key to your success. You will also have knowledge and network of broker business. The ideal candidate should be passionate about working for the LME to build up business in Asian trading hours.
- Create new markets for the LME core business and increase market share; Strong focus to attract new member and clients to the exchange
- Implement business plan and support execution of LME/HKEX commodities projects; Understanding and relaying back to the wider organization member/client feedback
- Develop and foster strong business commitment with the market participants
- Team work with product specialist to ensure the success of commodities projects
- Bachelor degree in relevant subject, license/certificate in derivatives trading or relevant subject is a plus
- At least 6 years’ relevant industry experience as business development or relationship management function in commodities markets
- Experience in customer focused engagement strategy and building key action plans to execute against overall department’s business goals and plans
- Strong professional network/resource. Full knowledge of derivatives market and analysis/research skills
- Capabilities to leverage the intermediaries in the commodities business to deliver maximum value proposition to the consumers
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Good command of written and spoken English, Mandarin and Cantonese is a plus
- Work with KPI pressure and deliver results
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.