MUFG Hong Kong Branch Financial Crimes Compliance Office for Asia is looking for a Compliance Specialist to support our KYC Advisory Team for Enhanced Due Diligence, Specialized Due Diligence and Global Policy development.
- Performing Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) reviews of high risk legal entities for MUFG HK Branch;
- Reviewing customer types that require Specialised Due Diligence (SpDD), such as customers with exposure to sanctioned countries or territories, PEP-controlled entities, Cash-intensive businesses, SPVs to ensure the KYC standards meet MUFG's KYC requirements and that risks are appropriately identified and mitigated;
- Advise on daily enquires and escalation from various stakeholders and perform daily clearance on Sanction Screening
- Performing Compliance/ Quality Assurance reviews on local AML Control Process, and report the results with recommended course of action to senior management. Escalate cases that warrant further management attention;
- Provide KYC advisory in relation to EDD and SpDD review as well as clarifications on Global KYC Standards;
- Coordinate and perform Global Risk Assessment (GRA) in respect of AML/ Sanctions and Anti-Bribery & Corruptions.
- Manage and lead Global FCC Policy/Standard development, provide feedback from a HK perspective and socialize new requirements within the Branch;
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures applicable to the FC Advisory team, including building on existing workflows to continually streamline and improve risk mitigation and reporting key risk metrics to Management;
- Develop and deliver AML-related training for front line staff and other relevant stakeholders in HK Branch;
- Review new product approval requests and conduct periodic product risk assessments;
- Participate in business committees and working groups and provide subject matter expertise in regulatory issues with respect to Financial Crime Risk; and
- Assist with management information/reporting and ad hoc projects.
- Broad understanding of banking, financial crimes risk in banking and a general understanding of the working practices for AML/ KYC;
- Detail-oriented and proven execution ability;
- Knowledge of AML/ KYC regulatory requirements and industry best practices;
- Hands on experience performing KYC due diligence on high risk clients and KYC advisory;
- Strong communication skills and experience interacting with senior stakeholders;
- Sound practical understanding of risk, compliance and controls;
- 5 or more years relevant experience in a financial services firm, regulatory agency or consultancy;
- Preferred - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent;
- CAMS or other recognised industry accreditation;
- A collaborative approach, with the ability to perform well in a high-pressure environment;
- Proactively identifies and communicates improvements to process on the grounds of efficiency and effectiveness;
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly;
- Strong decision-making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement;
- A structured and logical approach to work; and
- MS Office skills.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted applicants will be notified