Assistant Vice President, Financial Accounting
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- China CITIC Bank International Limited
- 19 Sep 18 2018-09-19
Job Purpose Lead the General Ledger Control and Payment Process team to ensure an effective accounting system and deliver timely and reliable financial reporting for internal and statutory financial disclosures.
• Monitor the day to day production, control and reconciliation of the general ledger system and report any irregularities to ITD and related functional units for rectification.
• Control the processing of month-end closing of ledger system.
• Review voucher preparation and entries posting to general ledger.
• Oversee the production of expenses payment processing and perform expense control according to relevant Bank’s policies or procedure manuals.
• Oversee the maintenance of chart of accounts and sub-ledgers for member companies.
• Manage the book-keeping function for the Bank’s subsidiaries.
• Give technical support to PRC units and overseas branches with focus on ledger control and accounting treatment.
• Participate in new product and system development and define accounting entries for new products.
• Ensure relevant accounting control procedures are in place in accordance with accounting standard and bank policies.
• Review, streamline and enhance all accounting procedures to ensure effective operation in the department.
• Lead, develop and coach the team, set standard for the conduction of accounting work and enhance the performance of the team.
• Degree holder in Accounting or related disciplines or a qualified accountant.
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in financial accounting preferably in banking industry.
• In-depth knowledge of accounting principles, the bank’s accounting policies and procedures and government regulations.
• Good analytical, communication and management skills.
• Good Command of written and spoken English and Chinese (including Putonghua).