SMBC Nikko, a subsidiary of the Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, is one of the leading full-line securities company in Japan covering all client segments with a broad range of financial products and services through its global network.
- Perform daily accounting operations including input of accounting journals, perform bank reconciliation, prepare accounts payables & receivables and process payments
- Run daily FRR liquid capital report and conduct ad hoc FRR projection
- Prepare presentation materials for monthly financial results meetings held by the management
- Prepare month-end management reports, include “Departmental P&L” report and “Actual vs Budget” variance analysis reports
- Prepare weekly business review report analyzing on business trend, monitor and forecast business performance
- Assist in month end closing, such as the preparation of journals and schedules
- Handle the enquires from department heads in relation to financial performance of related line of business
- Take up finance related IT projects to automate or improve efficiency of accounting process
- Assist annual financial audit and tax computation by preparing confirmations & schedules
- Other relevant tasks and projects that may be assigned from time to time
- Diploma or Bachelor degree in accounting, finance or business administration.
- Qualified accountant or student member registered with professional accounting bodies (e.g. HKICPA) would be an advantage, LCCI or AAT qualification is minimum requirement
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounting gained from securities firms or financial institutions, prior experience in SFC’s financial resources rule (FRR) preferred
- Solid experience in management accounting and financial analysis
- Good knowledge in equity, fixed income and DCM business.
- Advance level proficiency in Excel such as creating macros, pivot tables and pivot charts
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Reliable, self-motivated, mature and good teamwork player
- Able to work independently and under pressure
- Good command of written and spoken English