The successful candidate will work in the Enterprise Risk Management Team which provide second line oversight on the methods and processes used by the organisation to manage its risk in achieving its objectives. The individual will primarily be responsible for risk governance and group policy management. The role further extends to support risk scenario analysis on organisational risks data or global financial markets data to identify emerging risks and trends for HKEX Group Management and Board escalation.
- Develop, implement and maintain the HKEX Group risk governance framework. Manage the risk management committees, including meeting coordination, preparation of committee risk reports, meeting minutes, liaison with members and various government bodies / regulators on risk committee matters;
- Implement processes and technology as required to enable 1st line reporting and management of risks;
- Develop, implement and maintain HKEX Group enterprise risk management framework, policy and standards. Ensure alignment, integration and consistency of risk management across HKEX Group companies. Identify and address variances;
- Administer and oversee management of all Group policies. Provide quality assurance of Group policy development, govern review cycles to ensure policy compliance, maintain Group policy template and approval process;
- Review and contribute to management or Board discussion and the development of the Group's Risk Appetite Statements and Key Risk Indicators;
- Perform detailed market analysis to form risk based conclusions across all manner of the Group's activities including markets, trading and clearing behaviours, potential and realised impacts of market structural changes, implications of specific rules and regulations and threats or opportunities from global financial market trends;
- Review and enhance the Group's risk data and tooling to ensure detailed scenario analysis and assessment of risks can be conducted;
- Monitor emerging risk management methodologies and coordinate internal review and consideration to ensure continual improvement of the Group's risk practices; and
- Contribute to the development of GRM deliverables for the management and Board risk committees including but not limited to the Group Risk Officer's summary of risks impacting markets and the Group's operations.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant working experience;
- Degree holder of Finance, Business Administration or other relevant discipline, preferably with a professional qualification in risk;
- Understanding of capital markets with ability to perform rigorous analysis of quantitative and qualitative factors;
- Risk governance and policy management experience in financial institutions;
- Experience of financial services regulation and engagement with regulatory bodies;
- Excellent analytical, planning and organisational skills;
- Strong decision making and good problem-solving skills;
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams within risk as well as with other groups within the company. Effective communication is crucial; and
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese (Mandarin) is essential.
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.