Assistant Vice President - Markets (Global Client Development)
This position will be responsible for client-driven sales and relationship management, aimed at building liquidity in our core cash and derivatives markets. The candidate will develop strong business partnerships with Market Makers, Proprietary Trading Firms and Automated Algo firms to strengthen our relationships and grow our business in line with our business goals.
The candidate will also collaborate and work effectively with internal stakeholders to ensure that the appropriate systems and procedures are in place to ensure effective and efficient execution.
Business Relationship Management
• As HKEX's primary client-facing point of contact, this role will identify and recruit new market makers and proprietary trading clients for the derivatives and cash market. He/she will update assigned accounts and target potential clients in order to develop HKEX's business. He/she will keep abreast of client's developments, and help grow the client into products they perhaps do not trade, whilst keeping internal colleagues updated of relevant developments. The aim is to grow liquidity and generate incremental revenue, whilst giving exemplary service to the client.
• Forge strong collaborative relationship with assigned accounts and their affiliates through understanding business requirements, negotiate strategic partnerships and implement solutions that support internal product requirements.
• Assume responsibility with HKEX internal teams to facilitate the resolution of issues and to improve service standards, streamline trading connectivity procedure and provide feedback on service delivery and trading infrastructure requirements
• Assist clients, when needed, on HKEX matters, products and the use of derivatives and cash products and services including but not limited to market data, hosting, trading connectivity and risk management requirements .
Client-Driven Sales & Marketing
• Generate new leads for new and existing listed derivatives products with special focus on Market Makers, Proprietary Trading Groups, and Automated Algo trading firms
• Active marketing of listed derivatives products to assigned and target clients to win mind-share and gain market share
• Collaborate with Participant Relations, Exchange Participants and their Affiliates on joint marketing activities to ensure effective market penetration
• Understand the competitive landscape that challenges HKEX-listed derivatives and cash markets and help in initiatives to enhance the HKEX market structure
• Track trading performance of our key clients and recommend client engagement programs to keep their performance in line with or exceed market growth
• Participate in the promotion and facilitation of industry developments to drive increase trading activity and promote greater market efficiencies
• University degree preferably in Finance, Economic or related discipline
• Minimum 6 years' experience in business development for listed derivatives in a bank or proprietary trading entity, or software business
• Experience in developing and executing client account strategy and plans including project management
• Strong understanding of global listed derivatives and market maker/liquidity provider programs
• Strong business negotiation and communication skills with a successful track record
• Good working knowledge of Direct Market Access systems and exchange trading connectivity
• Travel maybe required
• Strong comfort and knowledge of MS Excel and Powerpoint
• Spoken and written fluency in English is essential, Mandarin preferable
• Other Asian language proficiency would be an asset
• Salesforce.com experience is useful
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.