Assistant Vice President – Markets (Market Data)
HKEX Market Data Department (MDD) is responsible for the marketing and sales of HKEX's securities and derivatives market data. We are looking for an experienced business analyst with digital marketing experience to evolve our business. Job responsibilities:
- Perform regular & ad-hoc research and data analysis, identification of potential and translation of the findings into workable insights, present such insights to senior management for business decisions
- Codify market conventions into business rules for data validation
- Develop creative and precision digital marketing initiatives to promote HKEX data products and grow the data business
- Partnering with data sales, payment & connectivity teams to implement value-adding workflows guided by analytics insights
- Arrange focus group and conduct client engagement activities to define detailed requirements on data products
- Coordination with internal & external teams for the adoption of innovative FinTech tools
- Management of analytics-related projects & platforms Job requirements:
- Degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics or other analytical related discipline
- 6 years of proven experience in data analysis, database management, predictive modelling
- Familiarity with statistical techniques & data-mining algorithms
- Understanding of market data business and exposure from major information vendor products are bonus.
- Exposure to financial market participants are essential
- Strong communication skill is required, especially the ability to articulate analytic insights in the language of business
- Working knowledge of VBA and/or SQL
- Good command of spoken & written Chinese & English
- Self-motivation, creativity, problem-solving & teamwork mindset.
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.