Assistant Officer/ Officer/ Senior Officer/ Assistant Manager, Actuarial IFRS 17 Transition Workstream - Capital Reporting & Profit Modelling (multiple openings)
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
Support the responsibilities of the Chief Actuary Office to drive actuarial projects and provide modeling support for the Actuarial Section.
IFRS 17 project support (90%) - (Assist in) Provide support on the transition work of IFRS 17 assigned by the IFRS 17 team leader and may closely work with BAU actuarial teams and finance team. This includes the following areas:
- Apply technical interpretation to ensure compliance to the standard and alignment to TRG discussion papers.
- Conduct analysis from both financial and operational perspective, to provide insightful management information on the transition work
- Produce the transitional balance.
- Perform coding changes to actuarial models to enable IFRS 17 calculation
Technical advisory support (10%) - (Assist in) Construction of responses to technical enquiries from different stakeholders (senior management, regulators, regional office and the UK home office). (Assist in) Process changes and implementation to enhance efficiency and effectiveness in order to fulfill company and actuarial objectives and strategies. (Assist in) Maintenance of robust actuarial governance and compliance framework.
- Experience in Actuarial Capital Reporting and Profit Modelling (Assistant Officer to Officer: 1 - 3 year(s) experience; Senior Officer to Assistant Manager: 4 - 6 years experience)
- Experience in life insurance industry, preferably with financial reporting, economic capital (e.g. Solvency II) and experience with participating business.
- Modeling experience with Prophet and stochastic modeling software (e.g. Prophet ALS) is a plus
- A team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to work independently and under pressure
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Good command of both spoken and written English.