Assistant Manager / Senior Account Officer - Corporate Action
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
The main objective of this Senior Account Officer/ Assistant Account Manager is to support the growing of the business in HK. This position will be responsible for assisting all functions within the team from BAU for daily operations, UAT testing due to system enhancement to participate on Client service review.
The position will also be responsible for covering all custody / corporate action activities and will also be acting as the main contact point for the client.
Due to the expansion of the business, the position would be required to participate in various ad-hoc projects from time to time, work closely with Relationship Management team on client implementations, run UAT testing and to provide input and support to projects.
The position holder needs to be very proactive and can work independently with minimal supervision in a multicultural environment with excellent teamwork. Meticulous and result oriented are also important for this position. Since the scope of the service covers different spectrum of activities, time management is crucial for this role.
Also, this role will be required to work with Clients, excellent communication skill with good client servicing are definitely important.
• Act as a single contact point to liaise with clients to process instructions and resolve issues
• Answering client enquiry related to corporate action / custody service
• Escalate client enquiry to appropriate party
• Process corporate action instruction
• Assist India colleague on corporate action event setup
• Follow up with client if client instruction have discrepancy
• Follow up with client and counterparty on dividend claim
• Process ETF creation / redemption instruction.
• Process IPO instruction.
• Support billing process, calculate market fee and charges.
• Job Rotation to support Morning/ Night shift for SH-HK Stock Connect
• Support testing Market Rehearsal, BCP and Drill from time to time
• Participate on UAT and system enhancement
• Review Operational procedures and Client SLA review
• Monthly MIS reporting and invoicing
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Strong communication skills are essential
• Work independently with minimal supervision
• Fluent in English
• Commitment, Initiative, Drive and Energy to continually improve and enhance processes
• Flexibility to adapt to changing environment; multitasking is essential
• Self-motivated, with a strong sense of initiative
• Good Team player
• Client focused
• Knowledge of Third Party Clearing (TPC) or Account Operator model
• Knowledge of tax reclaim
• Knowledge of physical certificate handling
• Knowledge of Project Management experience is a plus
• Strong skills of Excel Macro and MS office tools is a plus
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• Degree Holder
• Solid background on the Hong Kong market (Corporate Action)
• Knowledge of Shanghai-HK stock connect market (Corporate Action)
• At least 3 years of experience in the Custody, Clearing and Settlement activity are required
• Good Swift knowledge
• Knowledge on ETF creation / redemption processing.
• Master with Local market systems - CCASS (C3T) / CMU (eCMT)
• Hands on experience on Reconciliation and Control
• SFC Type 1 License for Dealing in Securities