- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 30 Nov 17
Assistant Manager, Risk & Services Management
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
This role is working as the 1st line of defense in operational risk and has primary coverage across the Retail Banking Operations. The AM will assist the team to implement process and controls to meet all legislative/regulatory requirements and bank policies/procedures. This will be achieved by performing Control Sample Testing (CST), risk analysis and control monitoring. To meet these objectives, the AM will need to partner closely with the Retail Banking Operations team and wider business partners including Compliance, Legal and Country Operational Risk.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Responsible for implementation of the Bank's Operational Risk Framework and facilitate the Operations team to understand the Operational Risk and the internal and external banking/regulatory requirements.
* Investigate the reported complaint cases and operational incidents and coordinate with relevant parties to perform root cause analysis, as well as devise/implement effective preventive measures.
* Responsible for implementation and execution of the CST processes, sampling and testing the population of controls to ensure compliance with agreed control standards.
* Responsible for recording the results of the CST.
* Ensure the testing is supported by evidence, completed and signed off before the due date.
* Report CST exceptions and ensure identified control deficiencies are mitigated with preventive measures and significant risk items are escalated.
* Coordinate the internal / external audit review involving Retail Banking Operations
* Prepare risk related reports and dashboard required on ad hoc or regular basis
* Participate in ad hoc risk related projects
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree holder, preferably solid experience in Retail Banking and risk management
- Proficiencies and Knowledge in retail banking products
- Good command of written English and Chinese
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 31 Dec 17. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.