Assistant Manager, Project & Process Management, Information Technology
Established in Asia in 2013 with a trailblazer mentality, FWD is the primary insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group (PCG), with minority shareholders Swiss Re Group, GIC Ventures, RRJ Capital and Hopu Investments.
FWD spans 10 markets in Asia including Hong Kong SAR & Macau SAR, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan, Malaysia and Cambodia. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. We focus on creating fresh customer experiences and making the insurance journey simpler, faster and smoother, with innovative propositions and easy-to-understand products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to be a leading pan-Asian insurer by changing the way people feel about insurance.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey. The Job
- Assist in defining and optimizing IT project management, business & operational processes
- Drive necessary process changes for better efficiency and quality
- Conduct an IT staff skills inventory and support IT resource management, including resource planning & analysis
- Coordinate with IT teams to execute resource planning and monitoring
- Provide timely support in IT intranet and Confluence content
- Drive the execution of vendor management process, including vendor onboarding, Service agreement standardization, contract negotiation and vendor performance monitoring
- Execute appropriate governance and controls including project portfolio reporting / periodic review of projects
- Keep updated in new market practices/methodology, bring in the valuable technologies and smooth the adaption, e.g. via trainings and workshops
- Ensure delivery of all projects are in accordance with the Company's requirements and corporate objectives and adhere to scope, schedule and budgets, all within the PMO framework
- Perform other responsibilities and duties assigned by managers to meet business objectives
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years of software development working experience in sizable companies with at least 2 years in supervisory level
- Experience in project management and process improvement
- Experience in vendor management, resource management and analysis
- Excellent communication and influencing skill, able to communicate with all levels of stakeholders
- Scrum Master, PMP, PRINCE2 qualified preferred
- Solid experience on RPA / VBA / PowerApps and the Power Platform is an advantage
- Self-motivated and effective working with minimal supervision
- Ability to think laterally and innovatively and find creative solutions
- Matured and a good team player
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.