Assistant Manager, Payments and Cash Management Operations
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
- Assist the Manager in Payments and Cash Management Operations (PCMO) team to handle pre-processing tasks and transaction-related interactions with ARPC (India Back Office) and Business Lines within standard turnaround times, meeting operating standards & regulatory requirements and customer service expectation levels as established by Management
Assist the Team Manager to supervise and/ or to handle pre-processing tasks in the Middle Office such as:
- Receive paper instructions, perform call backs to clients (for those above threshold or to get clarifications on instructions), perform regulatory checks, negotiate rates with FX dealer, obtain approvals from Relationship Managers and/ or Compliance when required etc.
- Validate scanned transactions and ensure timely scanning of instructions to ARPC
- Handle Level 2 reviews of Incoming/ Outgoing SWIFT messages with Compliance/ OFAC hits in accordance with SHINE SOP and to escalate to Level 3/ Compliance if required
- Respond timely to ARPC requests, investigate/ follow-up/ resolve accordingly and escalate to the Team Manager if required
- Review daily reports and/ or exceptions and take appropriate actions as required
- Liaise with ARPC, Client Services and Business Lines
- Act as a payment specialist for functional reviews on products/ services that are handled by the team
- Participate in ad hoc tasks and/ or projects as assigned by Management from time to time
- Assist to handle UAT (User Acceptance Tests) and ensure the product or system enhancement is well tested before roll-out
- Take on any other duties as assigned by the Manager/ Department Head
Specific Qualifications Required
- Minimum 8 years for Cash Management Operations in particular inward / outward remittances for International and Domestic payments as well as re-transfer payments
- Good PC skills (Microsoft Words, Excel, etc)
- High accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Good knowledge of AML/ OFAC/ Compliance payment investigations would be a plus
- Good written and oral communication skill in English
- Good organization skills
- Good problem solver
- Diploma or degree holder
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow instructions
- Ability to handle pressure/ work in a fast pace environment with tight cutoff times
- Pleasant disposition
- Good team player