Assistant Manager, Investment Operations
- Attractive Package + Bonus
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Pacific Focus
- 16 Apr 19
A top global asset management is looking for a high-calibre candidate to join the Operations team for Data Liquidity Management duties.
- Play an assistant management role in shaping, planning and training the team.
- Provide the portfolio management team with corporate action research materials to allow them to make the appropriate decisions. This involves analysis of the corporate action announcement, working with appointed administrators and other areas of the business.
- Provide administrative support and processing for proxy voting activities.
- Manage all aspects of the data in the enterprise data management system including the setup of securities, markets, brokers, charges, etc.
- Oversight of all processes and activities relative to the enterprise data management utility
- including ensuring the timely and accurate management of data feeds, data quality checks and the ownership and resolution of any data issues.
- Oversight of securities pricing process, pricing standards and control.
- Manage cash flow reporting, facilitate FX processing and pre-funding corporate action events.
- Oversight of security and cash reconciliation activities performed by the outsourced partners.
- Query fulfilment and generation of regular and ad-hoc reports to internal clients.
- Ensure that all processes and controls relative to the team's activities are followed and conformed to the control and operational risk management standards.
- Play an assistant management role in managing the service relationship with the end customer, and outsourced service suppliers, making changes, as necessary, to ensure that the service continues to meet their needs.
- Liaise with internal / external business partners to ensure that they continue to provide the agreed service levels, escalating service issues where appropriate.
- Assist in the production of key business metrics to support the service proposition.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Business Management or other related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in investment industry.
- Proven work experience in funds administration especially corporate actions, pricing and data management.
- Knowledge and understanding of securities markets, Equities, Foreign Exchange, Fixed Income, Derivatives and Structured Products.
- Good knowledge of market information systems and exposure to data management systems.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) skills in English and Chinese.
- Good relationship management skills, both with internal and external clients.
- Proactive, self-starter and conscious of risk is more preferable.
- Able to meet strict deadlines.