The Institutional Client Relations team is responsible for client relationship management for institutional business. The team proactively builds relationship with institutional clients in the region (Greater China, Southeast Asia and Korea). The team partners with institutional sales, portfolio management teams and other key stakeholders. This position serves as the primary internal contact for key institutional accounts to develop a deep understanding of our client’s priorities and work with internal teams to meet those needs by utilizing Invesco’s worldwide abilities to provide value-added services. This position will manage all service and agreed activities for assigned accounts.
- Proactively build understanding of the assigned clients’ organizational structure and investment priorities, including thorough understanding of the assigned clients reporting, regulatory requirements, and guidelines servicing requirements.
- Establish and maintain regular communication with institutional sales, portfolio management and key stakeholders.
- Continuously evaluating client needs, designing an organizational approach to relationship management and providing value added services.
- Coordinate client requests promptly and accurately; facilitate dialogue between client and internal teams regarding IMA/IG changes, investment review and presentation, reporting, Fund account(s) setup/operations etc.
- Assist AML documentation during new account onboarding and subsequent refresh as required by Compliance/AML team.
- Hold performance reviews with clients independently and drive solution to address issues/concerns.
- Actively measure and monitor success of client accounts: investment and service level execution.
- Lead or assist with regular CR or ad hoc projects as assigned and be responsible for the quality and satisfaction of the project.
- Actively measure and monitor success and consistently seek ways to better service clients and improve internal coordination.
- Organize and prioritize time and resource to meet goals and expectations.
- Perform any other duties assigned to you by the Head of Client Relations and/or the firm.
- Maintain a harmonious and upbeat team spirit.
- University degree specializing in Economics, Business or Finance
- Minimum 4 years in Institutional Client Relations working experience within the financial services industry, preferably in asset management sector
- Processes of good understanding of institutional asset management industry, regulation and needs of institutional clients
- Solid knowledge of different investment assets, product capabilities, operations and services
- Fluency in written and oral communication in English, Cantonese and Mandarin Chinese (native preferable)
- Strong team player with high integrity, self-motivated, committed and positive working attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to cooperate in a team environment and work under pressure (individual and team bases) and tight timeline
- Analytical and organizational skills to determine the needs of the client and drive feasible solutions
- Professional and presentable with ability to host client review meetings face to face
- Great attention to details with ability to prioritize, multi-task and project manage
- Demonstrate strong numbers aptitude
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- SFC License for RA 1 (Dealing in Securities)
- Chartered Financial Analyst or Chartered Accountant is a distinct advantage.