Assistant Manager, Financial Risk Management
FWD spans Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam and Japan. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand and relevant products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 534,000 customers with over 730 staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey.
This role is responsible for providing support for Senior Manager in performing risk analyses on Life and GI financial risk assessment with reference to FWD's ERM Framework and corresponding risk appetites. The role will provide valuable exposures to financial risks including Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Hong Kong Risk based Capital (RBC), and investment/insurance risk management exposures. The Job:
- Involved in the preparation for HK RBC, including ORSA preparation, and other related risk analysis by liaising with key stakeholders such as Actuarial and Finance
- Perform financial risk assessments on new and revamped insurance products, reinsurance arrangements and business development proposals. Provide timely and constructive risk feedbacks
- Identify and monitor key risks in the company, including prepare risk report/dashboard for Life, GI and other lines (e.g. Macau), and involved in the support for investment compliance in Bloomberg
- Involved in risk assessment of key controls within product development process and other insurance risk related actuarial processes
- Collect relevant information and perform a range of financial analysis on business risk assessment
- Support other ad hoc risk projects or risk initiatives including KCSA, risk culture.
- University graduate with a Bachelor degree in mathematics, actuarial science, risk management, or quantitative finance
- FSA or near FSA or equivalent qualification
- 3-5 years of related actuarial work experience, exposure to asset management/ALM is definitely a plus
- Strong analytical skills, attention to details and able to liaise with different functions
- Excellent written and oral communication with strong interpersonal skills. Must be a good team-player
- Candidate with less experience will be considered as Senior Analyst
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.