Assistant Manager, Financial Reporting, Finance
FWD spans Hong Kong & Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 504,000 customers with over 730 staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey. Job Summary
This role is responsible for internal and external reporting for FWD Life Hong Kong and Macau. The Job
- Preparation and review of financial reports to internal and external parties
- Provide information to regulatory bodies when requests
- Co-ordinate submission of financial reports from other business units for consolidation
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial information to Group office
- Liaise with external auditor and tax representatives for the preparation of statutory financial reports and tax filing
- Liaise with different departments to gather information for budgeting and reporting purpose
- Participate in different projects such as IFRS 9 and 17 implementation
- Perform ad hoc tasks when requested
- Degree or above from recognized university
- Professional qualification of recognized accounting bodies
- 5-6 years accounting experience, preferably in insurance industry
- Working experience on financial reporting/audit and group consolidation
- Prior audit exposure as senior role in big 4 is an advantage
- Understanding of insurance regulatory framework and accounting standard applicable
- Proficient in excel, Sun 6 accounting system, vision and other relevant applications
- A team player and ability of well-organized
- Able to work under pressure and perform multi-tasking
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.