Assistant Manager, Field and Agency Collections
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- To add value to strategic direction, planning and performance of the Retail Banking Risk Department and to ensure that Collection department is managed efficiently and effectively, to enable to meet business objectives.
- Responsible for Debt Collection Agencies Management, to be a dedicated agency supervisor, provide on-site support to agency, resolve customer feedback, handle customer request, offer solutions to customer and negotiate on default payment.
- Support the reduction of collection operation costs through improvement in efficiency and effectiveness of collection process or strategies.
- Ensure all collection policies and procedures comply with Group Policies and Standards. Assure proper and updated documentation of all in-country policies and procedures are maintained at all times.
- Assist manager to design collection strategies and initiatives in order to manage an acceptable level of credit loss and maximize recovery return through agency assignment and/or legal proceedings
People and Talent
- Work on Third Party Risk Management Standard for outsourcing arrangement, e.g. prepare annual risk assessment, liaise with different stakeholders like Compliance, Legal, SCM, BCP team, Third Party Security Team, etc., prepare meeting deck and minutes for regular performance review meeting.
- Analyze agency productivity and manage agencies' performance, able to make proper judgment and decision
- Assist to strengthen the team capacity and enhancement engagement with people
- Enhance communication with external agencies, within and among teams across Retail Risk Organization as well as the business.
- To ensure good control mechanisms are in place and to ensure satisfactory audit clearance.
- To support the regular submission for CST, KCI, etc.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure all procedures and operations must be complied HK Regulatory requirement and Group Collection Process Standard
- Achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principals: Dos and Don'ts, Group Code of Conduct, Treat Customer Fairly Principal and Fraud Risk Management Framework
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the external agencies to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles To follow with Dos and Don'ts, Code of Conduct, Treat Customer Fairly Principal, Fraud Risk Mitigation Framework and Group Collection Standard
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Retail Operations
- Suppler Chain Management
- External Collection Agencies
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.