Assistant Manager, Data Management - HSBC Insurance
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 06 Dec 17 2017-12-06
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfilling your potential right here at SBC.
HSBC Insurance provides a comprehensive range of life products and services to suit the every possible need of our personal, commercial, corporate, institutional and private banking customers. As a leader in new life insurance business and Hong Kong’s largest administrator of retirement schemes, the business serves this diverse client portfolio from its management offices in Hong Kong and through a wide network of banking, consumer finance and insurance subsidiaries throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Assistant Manager, Data Management.
In this role, you will
- Facilitate execution of HSBC Data Management Policy compliance, covering data governance, processes and controls around data, and the data quality management framework.
- Liaise and work with multiple key stakeholders , including at team leads level, across various functions to ensure proper execution on data quality issue resolution.
- Assist head of data management and senior data quality manager to manage expectations from senior stakeholders and drive through difficult situations.
- Assist head of data management to cope with expanded scope and continue implementation on Big data technology.
- Coordinate user groups on system enhancement requirements and implementation.
- Being a business partner on issue resolution to achieve agreed objectives.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Good amount of years of working experience in insurance or banking industry is preferred.
- People oriented mind set is required.
- Business analyst skills are required and can work independently.
- Knowledge of Insurance or banking industry is preferred.
- A range of background such as Business Administration, Technology, Risk, Finance, Accounting, et cetera, can fit this role. Actuarial related background, including Statistics, Risk, Math are not required.
- The jobholder is given less detail guidance depending on the job nature and his or her past experience. He or she is empowered to deal with issues arising from the normal course of work independently and to consult supervisors whenever assistance is required.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000A515
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited