Assistant Manager, Credit Initiation
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Support and provide inputs to Manager, Credit Initiation for developing operational model and shaping strategic agenda for Credit Initiation.
- Implement the operating model and strategic direction for Credit Initiation to best support process efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Actively participate in different projects in identifying improvement area so as to improve the turnaround time and accuracy.
- Support new business initiatives, marketing program launches and revenue initiatives.
People and Talent
- Grant a prudent credit decision by assessing and evaluating customer's creditworthiness (including existing customer and new application) for Retail mortgage and wealth management products
- Manage the daily operations of the Credit Initiation units (Secured Lending) to ensure services rendered meet the agreed service standards
- Regularly review work steps to improve productivity on services provided and control measures.
- Manage the overall team operation when supervisor is away from office.
- Ensure consistency in underwriting standard.
- Facilitate and support launch of new products
- Manage, motivate, train and develop staff to ensure performance is optimized.
- Conduct credit assessment on consumer credit applications per credit policies and regulatory guidelines
- Comprehend the prevailing fraud type so as to deter and prevent from fraud attack
- Comply with all applicable money laundering prevention procedures and in particular, report any suspicious activity to the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and line manager.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensuring compliance with the standards of regulatory and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements.
- Perform day to day credit underwriting for new applications with full compliance to all regulatory requirements.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Internal stakeholders
- Fraud Risk Management
- System Support
- Lending Operation Teams
- External stakeholders
- Surveyor firms
- Solicitor firms
- Mortgage insurers
- Broad understanding of banking information management infrastructure and operational processes
- Ability to provide strategic direction to the function
- Strong leadership qualities, with the ability to motivate and lead teams in changing & challenging situations
- Strong analytical and dispute resolution skills, and the ability to command the respect of a cross functional set of professionals at a senior level
- Ability to make independent decisions with a strong sense of empowerment
- Skills in project management and process improvement
- Non-technical skills: Strong written / oral communication and influencing skills. Ability to create effective work relationships within and across functions & borders
- Risk Management and Control: Good working knowledge of Standard Chartered's approach to risk management, specifically as applicable to Risk Operations
- Governance, Oversight and Controls: Strong leadership capabilities and management skills, with the ability to deliver effective controls within Risk Operations through both directly-managed and virtual team
- Regulatory Framework and Requirements: Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.