Assistant Manager, Collection Support
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Job Purpose
- Assist the collection team to implement a sustainable collections and recovery operations and governance to deliver on operational and loss performance, productively, outstanding rationalization and controls.
- Be part of the Enhancement of collections and recovery capability and the driving of optimization and efficiency.
Processes, Operations and Governance
- Support the team to meet LI and cost budget, Key operational performance indicators, improve efficiencies and minimise complaints through analytics support, trouble shooting and issue resolution.
- Actively participate in reduction of collections cost through improving efficiency and effectiveness of internal process and strategy.
- Work closely with GBS hub to ensure accurate and timely delivery of reporting and analytical needs to the HK collection team.
- Facilitate and assist in continuously improving the Agency allocation strategy and process. This includes assisting the Field and OA manager with adhoc analytics.
- Work with Team manager to enhance process understanding, control and compliance.
- Key responsible person in managing performance reviews and reporting requirement of the CCC SZ collection team. In addition, coordinate monthly engagement between CC and HK team.
- Coordinate, review and ensure end to end processing of the monthly collection scorecard and incentive pay-out scheme. This includes organising regulator Incentive forum committee meetings and administrative duties regarding the process.
- Assist in regulatory reporting by facilitating collection input to the relevant reporting teams.
Tools and Technology
- Assist team manager in the Implementation of the ORF as planned and on a timely basis, and proactively and rigorously evaluate ORF controls whenever there are changes in high risk processes. Continuously improve collection processes to enhance to reduce operational risks.
- To identify and execute workflow re-engineering processes.
Key Stakeholders Internal
- Champion and be part of continuous process improvements, up skill collection techniques, upgrade collection tools and optimize collections systems
- Making optimal use of all collection tools and using analytical and data segmentation to enhance collection efficiency.
- All Collection teams in CCC and HK
- Retail risk group hub
- Control Assessment & Assurance/Management Information & Forecast
- Business - CPBB
- Retail Operations
Our Ideal Candidate
- External Collection - Agencies
- At least 3 years of functional risk experience in the areas of Collection/ Credit / Risk Management / Customer Service / Retail and Business Banking.
- Good communication, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge in Bank's operation process and systems are preferable
- Fluent speaking in English and Cantonese.
- Proficiency in SAS coding language is required.
- Prior experience in a strategy and/or collection support role is an added advantage.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.