The Product Management team is the ‘client & marketing’ face of the Asian Investment team, serving as the bridge between portfolio managers with clients both internally and externally. Key responsibilities of the team include client engagement and communications, business strategy & planning, ongoing development of marketing materials, formulation of marketing messages as well as engaging in product development.
The team works closely with other areas of the firm, including Institutional & Retail Sales, Marketing, Products Strategy, Client Service, RFP teams, Legal & Compliance, as well as Risk & Performance Analytics, on investments & products matters as well as directing efforts in promoting focused products.
Externally, senior members of the team are responsible for communicating investment process to clients and prospects, conducting portfolio reviews, interpreting portfolio performance and analytics for clients, engaging in major pitches and meetings with clients and consultants.
Team members will also gain a broad-based understanding of the asset management business through interacting with a variety of teams and clients across the firm.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Act as a bridge between Portfolio Managers, Client Relations, Sales, and Marketing and other internal functions and teams.
- Handling of client inquiries and requests. Providing exemplary client servicing internally to our global sales network and to our external clients.
- Ability to come up with high quality presentation materials for client meetings. Work with the CIOs, portfolio managers, marketing and client relations staff to draft high quality presentation documents (updating content, charts/graphs etc.) to present to clients, consultants and prospects.
- Generate compelling content across a wide range of topics and audiences related to investment strategies, market outlooks and commentaries, and firm capabilities. This includes the creation of market outlook and product strategy presentation slides.
- Lead efforts in updating and keeping track of investment products related data. Regular update of portfolio analytics and product collaterals and performances.
- Review investment strategy and portfolio related information from the RFP team and deliver tailored contents if needed.
- Preparation of new business tenders, proposals and effective marketing document.
- Write monthly and quarterly client letters and fund reports. These generally include a discussion of the Asian team’s investment strategy, portfolio performance, performance attribution and portfolio change.
- Be knowledgeable about the investment philosophy/style/process of Asian ex Japan and Hong Kong/China teams and products. Have a good understand on the Marco market environment and dynamics.
- Become familiar with client portfolios and be able to run and interpret reports on performance attribution and portfolio characteristics.
- Participate in development of new products.
- Engage in special products from time to time as directed.
- Responsibility of the product manager roles does not include the direct solicitation of sales. The role does not require the achievement of specific sales targets.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Strong English and Chinese writing and communication skills a must
- Attention to detail — Ability to work with data and departmental style guidelines to deliver an accurate work product with consistent application of brand, design and grammar/writing style.
- At least 5 years’ experience in one of the following:
- Experience as a portfolio manager, analyst, or other background as an investment- oriented professional involved with Asian equity investing; or
- Experience as a client service person, CPM or product specialist involved Asia equity product / capabilities; or
- Experience at a pension consulting firm or consulting agency with a focus on Asian equity research or manager selection
- Proficiency in using Microsoft office including Words, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A self-starter who takes initiatives.
- A team player.
An undergraduate degree in economics, business, international studies, or a relevant field. MBA and/or CFA degrees preferred.