- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 30 Nov 17
Assistant Manager, Account Investigation
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
Leading a team of 10, this role reports to the Manager of Account Investigation and takes care of the account closure requested by the stakeholders and customers.
* Ensure sufficient and effective scope of operations is always in place within Account Investigations team covering various processing work, support and services, system functionality and stability, risk and control
* Provide full operational support on account closure to various business initiatives as driven by Value Centres/ Product & Marketing and Integrated Distribution channels, keep good working relationship, effective communication and professional consultation with business stakeholders
* Assist Manager, Account Investigation to work with Group on group initiated project to standardize the respective process
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Evaluation, customization, testing and implementation of system enhancements while strengthening risk control, improving service quality, reducing operational cost and enhancing productivity
* Acting as coordinator for Business Continuity Plan and to ensure sufficient back - up procedures and resources to CDD checking procedures, ensuring no violation of related regulatory requirements and report and suspicious activities to UORM, line manager and designated L&C personnel, whenever necessary
* Follow and comply with AML CDD policies and procedures where applicable to BAU activities
* Adhering to all policies and guidelines as laid down in Group Operational Risk - Policy and Procedures Manual. Special attention to be paid to Key Risk Indicators and Key Control Self Assessment reporting
* To assist UORM in developing and updating of procedures, controls and monitoring plans for Operational Risk Management
* Execute the group & local policies & procedures, and ensure the compliance of operational & regulatory requirements by all level of staff
Qualifications and Skills
* University degree
* Solid working experience in banking operations, preferably in retail banking back office support functions
* Strong people management, administration and problem solving skills
* Sound knowledge of banking products, banking regulations and compliance requirements
* Excellent negotiation and stakeholder management skills are required to deal with and maintain good relationship with business stakeholders, internal and external customers
* Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese, proficiency in Putonghua an advantage
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 31 Dec 17. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.